From a nurse...

Yes I appreciate all of that. I’m sick of them because my social media feeds have been absolutely littered with very similar posts, videos etc. in recent weeks.

I'm not keen on Facebook melodrama either but if posts such as this nurse's make just one person think twice about their behaviour then surely it's worth tolerating a bit of 'tedium'.

It was real for me right away, as I see a nurse twice a week and you build up somewhat of a friendship with them as your seeing them in your own home there guard comes down and when this started to get very real a month or so ago you could see a change in their demeanor when talking about it. Stay f***ing home you ignorant twats to ease the strain on these good people.

It was real for me right away, as I see a nurse twice a week and you build up somewhat of a friendship with them as your seeing them in your own home there guard comes down and when this started to get very real a month or so ago you could see a change in their demeanor when talking about it. Stay f***ing home you ignorant twats to ease the strain on these good people.
I’ve a sister on the front line, a load of her friends I know well in the same position and a lot of other skin in the game that I won’t go into on here but it’s exactly as you say. It’s entirely real regardless of how abstract it may still feel for some. I have a feeling it’s unfortunately going to hit home personally for most in some way or the other in the near future.

That's knocked the f***ing stuffing right out of me. Out of everything I've seen and read, this has sat me on me arse.
Is it wrong of me to take a step back and 'avoid' all this news.? People handle it different ways i know.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Hats off to the people on the front line, absolute legends 👍 👍 👍 :cool: :cool:

What’s poor about saying ‘ffs these nurses that are putting their lives at risk to treat the most vulnerable and needy out there are really inconveniencing me by posting about it on my social media feed! I could do without that shit.’?
Sorry?

If one person reads this and it changes their mind on whether or not social distancing and all the other stuff we are meant to do applies to them, then its worked. Its a window on the realities faced by some people mate. Unfortunately, there are some amongst us who still aren't getting the message and acting accordingly.
Nail on the head marra.

I’ve said it before on another thread - there’s two completely separate worlds out there. One is people happily going about their business as usual, having parties, barbecues, hanging out in parks and on beaches, generally having a great time.
The other is third world levels of horror as people die in their thousands, gasping for air, terrified and without their loved ones, with nurses trying their absolute best but unable to do anything to save them. Those nurses will surely have seriously compromised immune systems by overworking and enduring the stress they have to cope with.

The people in the first category are oblivious to the second, or just don’t give a toss.

It’s time to take a hard line approach with those caught flouting the lockdown rules. I suggest sentencing them to community service, scrubbing hospitals from top to bottom, helping move bodies and so forth. Those refusing to do the community service get a couple of months in prison.

Anyone else feel the same?

I’ve said it before on another thread - there’s two completely separate worlds out there. One is people happily going about their business as usual, having parties, barbecues, hanging out in parks and on beaches, generally having a great time.
The other is third world levels of horror as people die in their thousands, gasping for air, terrified and without their loved ones, with nurses trying their absolute best but unable to do anything to save them. Those nurses will surely have seriously compromised immune systems by overworking and enduring the stress they have to cope with.

The people in the first category are oblivious to the second, or just don’t give a toss.

It’s time to take a hard line approach with those caught flouting the lockdown rules. I suggest sentencing them to community service, scrubbing hospitals from top to bottom, helping move bodies and so forth. Those refusing to do the community service get a couple of months in prison.

Anyone else feel the same?
Absolutely. I only have one issue with your post. As far as i can see the people in the first category aren't oblivious mate, they are fully aware of what is going on. They cant in all honestly claim they don't understand the gravity of the situation. They just genuinely don't give a toss.

Absolutely. I only have one issue with your post. As far as i can see the people in the first category aren't oblivious mate, they are fully aware of what is going on. They cant in all honestly claim they don't understand the gravity of the situation. They just genuinely don't give a toss.

That’s a really scary thought. Just where did society go wrong? So many sociopaths in our population, it’s sickening and it’s only going to get worse. Greed, selfishness and having no care whatsoever for others is rife. Thankfully there’s an abundance of heartwarming acts of generosity and selflessness to give a bit of balance, otherwise I think I’d give up on humanity.

That’s a really scary thought. Just where did society go wrong? So many sociopaths in our population, it’s sickening and it’s only going to get worse. Greed, selfishness and having no care whatsoever for others is rife. Thankfully there’s an abundance of heartwarming acts of generosity and selflessness to give a bit of balance, otherwise I think I’d give up on humanity.
Three months ago, if someone had told me how people were going to behave during this id never have believed them. Its opened my eyes and I'm sickened by what I've seen. Thankfully, as you say its been counteracted by selflessness and courage. Otherwise, it would have been far worse.

Did you wake up & cry because you have to stay home another day?
I woke up & cried because I knew what I had to witness today at work

Are you "bored"?
Come hang out with me for 5 minutes.. I promise you'll be so scared, you'll forget you were ever bored.

Do you miss your friends?
Imagine how much more you would miss them if you were isolated and alone in a hospital bed.

Imagine wearing masks so tight to your face that it hurts after hour one but you still have twelve more to work. Your skin is literally breaking under the pressure.

Imagine not being able to have a drink of water because you can't take your mask off.

Imagine only peeing twice a day on your breaks because there simply isn’t enough time for you to leave the floor.

Imagine sweat dripping down your face inside a mask, whilst simultaneously steaming up your protective Google’s- all whilst trying to frantically help someone to breath.

Imagine being so scared for 13 hours of a shift, then witnessing the sheer terror on your patients face as they struggle to breath, even with a machine forcing oxygen into their bodies.

Imagine having to tell loved ones their family have been put on a breathing machine over the phone. And things are not looking good. Them knowing they can’t come and comfort them in their hour of need.

Imagine reading a message from someone’s spouse begging them to be okay, because they simply cannot live with out them.

Imagine crying your eyes out at work because everything and everyone is so overwhelming.

Imagine crying for the entirety of your journey home, and for many hours after you get home from the sheer weight of what you’ve witnessed.

Stay the FUCK home.
Something tells me that, if i make it personally , I am going to have a lot of trauma cases to treat :( 💙

Three months ago, if someone had told me how people were going to behave during this id never have believed them. Its opened my eyes and I'm sickened by what I've seen. Thankfully, as you say its been counteracted by selflessness and courage. Otherwise, it would have been far worse.

Totally agree sir.

My eldest son lives with his girlfriend and 3 of her colleagues. She and her colleagues are recently qualified nurses. All four of them are either at work or sat at home trying to rest however struggling to sleep as they are shitting themselves about going to work for their next shift. They do however go to graft every shift. Of the four of them I only know the lad's girlfriend personally and i have to say i am immensely proud of her.
Imagine being afraid of going to work every day but doing so anyway.

Back