From a nurse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you wake up & cry because you have to stay home another day?
I woke up & cried because I knew what I had to witness today at work

Are you "bored"?
Come hang out with me for 5 minutes.. I promise you'll be so scared, you'll forget you were ever bored.

Do you miss your friends?
Imagine how much more you would miss them if you were isolated and alone in a hospital bed.

Imagine wearing masks so tight to your face that it hurts after hour one but you still have twelve more to work. Your skin is literally breaking under the pressure.

Imagine not being able to have a drink of water because you can't take your mask off.

Imagine only peeing twice a day on your breaks because there simply isn’t enough time for you to leave the floor.

Imagine sweat dripping down your face inside a mask, whilst simultaneously steaming up your protective Google’s- all whilst trying to frantically help someone to breath.

Imagine being so scared for 13 hours of a shift, then witnessing the sheer terror on your patients face as they struggle to breath, even with a machine forcing oxygen into their bodies.

Imagine having to tell loved ones their family have been put on a breathing machine over the phone. And things are not looking good. Them knowing they can’t come and comfort them in their hour of need.

Imagine reading a message from someone’s spouse begging them to be okay, because they simply cannot live with out them.

Imagine crying your eyes out at work because everything and everyone is so overwhelming.

Imagine crying for the entirety of your journey home, and for many hours after you get home from the sheer weight of what you’ve witnessed.

Stay the FUCK home.

Thanks

Are you "bored"?
Come hang out with me for 5 minutes.. I promise you'll be so scared, you'll forget you were ever bored.

Imagine how much more you would miss them if you were isolated and alone in a hospital bed.

Imagine wearing masks so tight to your face that it hurts after hour one but you still have twelve more to work. Your skin is literally breaking under the pressure.

Imagine not being able to have a drink of water because you can't take your mask off.

Imagine only peeing twice a day on your breaks because there simply isn’t enough time for you to leave the floor.

Imagine sweat dripping down your face inside a mask, whilst simultaneously steaming up your protective Google’s- all whilst trying to frantically help someone to breath.

Imagine being so scared for 13 hours of a shift, then witnessing the sheer terror on your patients face as they struggle to breath, even with a machine forcing oxygen into their bodies.

Imagine having to tell loved ones their family have been put on a breathing machine over the phone. And things are not looking good. Them knowing they can’t come and comfort them in their hour of need.

Imagine reading a message from someone’s spouse begging them to be okay, because they simply cannot live with out them.

Imagine crying your eyes out at work because everything and everyone is so overwhelming.

Imagine crying for the entirety of your journey home, and for many hours after you get home from the sheer weight of what you’ve witnessed.

Stay the FUCK home.
hey peaches, how are you?

I’m finding these posts pretty tedious now.
If one person reads this and it changes their mind on whether or not social distancing and all the other stuff we are meant to do applies to them, then its worked. Its a window on the realities faced by some people mate. Unfortunately, there are some amongst us who still aren't getting the message and acting accordingly.

Are you "bored"?

Stay the FUCK home.
That's knocked the f***ing stuffing right out of me. Out of everything I've seen and read, this has sat me on me arse.

If one person reads this and it changes their mind on whether or not social distancing and all the other stuff we are meant to do applies to them, then its worked. Its a window on the realities faced by some people mate. Unfortunately, there are some amongst us who still aren't getting the message and acting accordingly.
Well said.

Yes I appreciate all of that. I’m sick of them because my social media feeds have been absolutely littered with very similar posts, videos etc. in recent weeks.

I'm not the nurse by the way.
That and the video from the nurse posted on this thread has made me think there's going to be some mental health issues amongst NHS staff after this - seeing that day after day may cause PTSD. I know they are used to seeing the ill and the dying, but so many at once. Dreadful.

That and the video from the nurse posted on this thread has made me think there's going to be some mental health issues amongst NHS staff after this - seeing that day after day may cause PTSD. I know they are used to seeing the ill and the dying, but so many at once. Dreadful.

I actually don't think enough is being done to raise awareness of just how awful this virus is. I know it's covered everywhere, you can't get away from stories about it, but it's only when I read things from the nurses about how patients are terrified and gasping for breath that it really drives home how bad it is. Maybe if more knew just how horrific it is for those who get it bad, even when they survive, it might shock them into staying at home more. The television has a lot about numbers of deaths and cases, but not much about the stark reality of going through it. I'm overweight and have mild asthma, it's only when I read their stories that I get really scared about it.

Really feel for all the health care staff who are having to deal with this, and I hope they are given access to whatever support they need once this finally starts to abate

Said a week or so ago and got lambasted for it, that this is potentially only comparable to WW1 and WW2, which none of us have experience of.
Exactly. It’s totally new to us but a lot of people will still carry on thinking they won’t be affected by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back