Fred Dibnah

Shame more couldn't be preserved/kept

Be difficult to find someone willing to take on the ongoing costs. It's always sad to see old buildings and structures knocked down but as long as some of the best examples are kept (and they usually are) as a nod to history then I don't really have a problem with that.

Brilliant.

I love watching Guy Martin for exactly the same reason.
Watch or listen to anybody who is really passionate about what they do, and it drags you in. You cannot help but be interested, sometimes about shite you know nothing about😅
Alan Titchmarch is responsible for getting me growing veg about 10 years ago the bassa. Fooking hooked now.🤣
That fooking Professor Brian Cox is so passionate about quantum physics, and I can't get my head around it, but I am enthralled by his love for the subject. He almost bursts with joy when he gets in to full flow.
Wish I knew what the fuck he was talking about, but I have to watch him if he is on.
Infectious.

Last edited:
Of course when you come to think about it he would never have got on TV these days. No hard hat - no proper saftey harness - chipping bricks off a 100ft chimney and hoying them down the inside - plenty of bonfires made of tyres and a bit of diesel - loads of smoke and dust the BBC wouldn't touch him with a scaffolding pole. :lol:

Watch or listen to anybody who is really passionate about what they do, and it drags you in. You cannot help but be interested, sometimes about shite you know nothing about😅
Alan Titchmarch is responsible for getting me growing veg about 10 years ago the bassa. Fooking hooked now.🤣
That fooking Professor Brian Cox is so passionate about quantum physics, and I can't get my head around it, but I am enthralled by his love for the subject. He almost bursts with joy when he gets in to full flow.
Wish I knew what the fuck he was talking about, but I have to watch him if he is on.
Infectious.
You're spot on George...talk shite with passion and you'll attract an audience, I've been doing it for years.

You're spot on George...talk shite with passion and you'll attract an audience, I've been doing it for years.
When I first started selling, a craggy old sales rep told me that if you project a passion and imply a knowledge, you won't ever have to sell anything, people will just buy it.😁
He was right in the main.😁
Once went to a dinner party, and a solicitor friend of mine was there. During the meal, the conversation turned to wine. He launched himself in to a diatribe regarding the sources of various grapes, growing conditions and various vintages that offered up perfect examples of many european vintners exploiting conditions of said years.
He was so full of shit, and we exchanged many a knowing glance during his speach, and it was all I could do not to piss myself, but almost to a man, everyone around that table hung on his every word.
It was as funny as fuck, and we still laugh about it now.
Bullshit can, as is often said, baffle brains.🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
We had Fred speaking at a builders dinner once. He was very funny and had his old black cap on when he walked in to the Top Table.

Back