Fred Dibnah

Remember seeing an episode when Fred's wife and kids wanted to go abroad, Fred refused to eat foreign muck so he stayed at home - His missus and kids went off to Spain, and Fred realised he didn't know how to cook for himself.

Loved his accent.
Right Northerner.
My sister (who is much older than me) lives in kersley right next to where he lived, my two nieces talk the same, uurrr for hair and av a doo (go) at that.

Remember seeing an episode when Fred's wife and kids wanted to go abroad, Fred refused to eat foreign muck so he stayed at home - His missus and kids went off to Spain, and Fred realised he didn't know how to cook for himself.
That was the fred dibnah story when his first wife went to Greece with the kids, she left him not long after.

My sister (who is much older than me) lives in kersley right next to where he lived, my two nieces talk the same, uurrr for hair and av a doo (go) at that.

That was the fred dibnah story when his first wife went to Greece with the kids, she left him not long after.
The long suffering Alison.
Still a great bloke I think.

He seemed to be popular with the ladies until he eventually drove them mad with his engines.
He must have earned a few bob from the series, and I expect his missus was looking forward to a week in the Seychelles, but no...a tour of industrial towns by way of a steam roller. He said his missus loved that sort of thing, but the look on her face was priceless.

Do don't make em like that anymore.

Got watching Fred on YouTube and got hooked. Loved his stories and couldn't believe what I was seeing really - health and safety my arse.

Legend

Back