Frank Bruno

Quite often does bits of charity stuff up here when he takes in a match.

When Hopewood Park (the new Cherry Knowle) was being built we asked patients to recommend names for the new wards. The Frank Bruno ward was one of the most popular requests but it never happened.

I know I watched it at the time, He definitely shock Tyson up. The original live broadcast was a disaster , they had lots of issues with the broadcasting it for some reason.
Well then you shouldve known it wasnt round 5 when he hurt him ;) (it was round 1).
Genuinely 'hurt' Tyson in his prime, the only one to do so. But it was horrible watching our beloved hero get stomped on.

"could have taken him in the 5th" I Frank, you probably could have if you hadn't lost by then. bless him!!!
He lost in the 5th.

Last edited:
Genuinely 'hurt' Tyson in his prime, the only one to do so. But it was horrible watching our beloved hero get stomped on.

"could have taken him in the 5th" I Frank, you probably could have if you hadn't lost by then. bless him!!!
Hit him hard, rocked him, expected him to fall over. Two more proper clouts Tyson would have gone.

The only time I have seen him in the flesh was when I saw him walking across the SOL car park midweek when I went to pick up some away tickets during my lunch hour. That was during the Reid era.

He's been up a few times for games, no Idea what the connection is mind

A mate of his called "Wally" from Washy (Harraton to be specific) used to spar with him and was a boxer of sorts.Met him a few times,chinned "The Hat" who was a known nutter from Concord. TLR used to always call him the Hat btw

Even been in the George a few times.

A mate of his called "Wally" from Washy (Harraton to be specific) used to spar with him and was a boxer of sorts.Met him a few times,chinned "The Hat" who was a known nutter from Concord. TLR used to always call him the Hat btw

Even been in the George a few times.
Certainly looks to have a few links with the NE and Sunderland in particular, good to see, Frank is a very likeable chap it seems.

Back