FPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

He has reported on Sunderland for many years, used to work for the Echo and then the Northern Echo.

The article doesn’t really say anything or quote anyone though, so probably a non-story.
But it is a recent article simply for PP being named so at least within the last 12 weeks or so. Strange theres no date on it?

Not this again. I can't take another few months of not knowing if we're skint or the richest club in the world. :rolleyes:
I would not get your hopes up quite yet !the whole episode since smugs we can all relax the deals done blether has been nothing but bizarre ..........there are to many questions to be answered ,lies to sift through and utter bulshit from our owners to make any logical asessment on whats going on ........ if FPP are to be our knight in shining armour me thinks they are riding in on an ass rather than a stallion because in truth their behaviour does not look like a group wanting to take us anywhere fast anytime soon! But as i say ne fekker knows anything but im still hoping for a roof and a monorail and the champions league trophy!

Impossible, they were only wanting to invest in Donald as he's just the best. I've heard they're going to invest billions in Eastleigh instead as a tribute to the sterling work Donald did there.

Alan Nixon said this last week. That FPP we’re still very much interested and remained the front runner.

Alan Nixon said this last week. That FPP we’re still very much interested and remained the front runner.
Never in the world of Sundays. Donald said they wouldnt be interested anymore so I believe him

From what I remember of it (a bit hazy admittedly) they suggested it was definitely meant to be a full takeover initially and they thought FPP were still interested. They did say that they didn't have any direct correspondence with anyone at FPP, but they certainly gave the impression that they were still at the table, and didn't seem to go along with the idea that they were only investing in Donald! If I was to read between the lines (so this is just personal opinion) I was getting the impression that they thought Donald was asking for too much money and that they hoped the statement might make him reconsider, but that wasn't explicitly said

Pretty much this.

From what I remember of it (a bit hazy admittedly) they suggested it was definitely meant to be a full takeover initially and they thought FPP were still interested. They did say that they didn't have any direct correspondence with anyone at FPP, but they certainly gave the impression that they were still at the table, and didn't seem to go along with the idea that they were only investing in Donald! If I was to read between the lines (so this is just personal opinion) I was getting the impression that they thought Donald was asking for too much money and that they hoped the statement might make him reconsider, but that wasn't explicitly said
So donald has been telling porkies again then?

Pretty much this.

Cheers mate, I'm trying to keep everyone informed (as it was an open meeting and they'll be as keen to know what was discussed as I was, many just couldn't get there on the day) whilst also respecting the one or two bits (don't think any of them related to FPP to be fair) which they said they wanted kept off the record. For all I don't completely agree with how RAWA got involved (but if the end game is FPP coming in then the ends will certainly justify the means) I do think it's great that they have open meetings where anyone can contribute and respect them for giving their time up to try and make a difference, we all want the same thing ultimately, so it's a bit of a tricky line between keeping fellow fans updated whilst not taking the piss and making them either stop the open meetings or cause any bother for them with the club!

Paraphrasing:
  • FPP in pole position to takeover safc
  • Chinese group previously attempted to buy us and are now keen to renew their interest
  • But the FPP lot are edging towards a deal
Canit be marra; only the other day the well informed and respected @Cridge telt us that the Chinese, although a great bunch of lads, were scaling down investment in overseas football.

Canit be marra; only the other day the well informed and respected @Cridge telt us that the Chinese, although a great bunch of lads, were scaling down investment in overseas football.

Given that we were (until 18 months ago) owned by a Chinese man, based in China, I think I do know a bit about it - Especially the problems he encountered in getting money out of China.

What do you know about Chinese investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back