FPP closing in on deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, how can you say with such certainty what the proposed deal was. There have been reports in the media that suggest anything from an investment up to a full takeover was occurring?

Secondly, if it was not up to the new guys at the point of the Consett talk in, why even make the remark about not being sure if the new people wanted him and Methven?

Finally, (and I'm not saying this is the case) if it did turn out that there would have been a takeover, and all that stood in the way of SAFC being owned by 3-4 billionaires was either Donald refusing to relinquish control or failure to do his best to resolve other issues, would you say that was still in the best interests of SAFC for him to remain?
i havwnt seen anything saying a full 100pc change of ownership was happening? times article was among several saying the two guys were sticking around in some capacity..and that the americans were buying a lot of shares but not all of the,.
So, how can you say with such certainty what the proposed deal was. There have been reports in the media that suggest anything from an investment up to a full takeover was occurring?

Secondly, if it was not up to the new guys at the point of the Consett talk in, why even make the remark about not being sure if the new people wanted him and Methven?

Finally, (and I'm not saying this is the case) if it did turn out that there would have been a takeover, and all that stood in the way of SAFC being owned by 3-4 billionaires was either Donald refusing to relinquish control or failure to do his best to resolve other issues, would you say that was still in the best interests of SAFC for him to remain?
well..of course it wouldnt..if the billioanires were committed to growing the club over time.
dont be blinded by the "they have money so must be good" angle...there is more to being a good owner than that.
man utd are owned by four amwerican billioanires,..they arent very good ait it.

Last edited:
in the media, yes

from the club I believe it's always been investment

Yes, but investment is a term that can mean anything and is wide open to interpretation. There have even been some reports containing pretty specific details.

'If and when a takeover is completed, FPP plan to keep Donald and his executive director Charlie Methven running the club on their behalf. The way they have reconnected the club to its disillusioned fanbase has impressed the Americans.

Donald would hold a 9.9 per cent shareholding.'

All I was trying to highlight is that the certainty that is being given by kildaremackem is as unfounded as anyone else who is claiming with certainty what the specifics of the deal have been throughout the process. It could be an investment up to a controlling interest, or it could be a 10% investment.

He hasn't got a f***ing clue man, as usual he's coming out with shite claiming to be fact. When the majority of what he says is bollocks. He's just cluttering up threads. I have a look now and again to see if there's any investment update and it's just him talking shite with his fake misspellings. Best off on ignore for a while.

Last edited:
i do think donald has better tgings to do with his tie thna comment on what afanzine made up even if he is aware of it0
apart from safc..he has been selling his insurance business and opening a new office fir his car leasing firm..but aye a fanzine story is something he is going to care about..

they broke fuck all..the richest club in the world bit is not even soeculation,,its simply not true and never has been..
i read that line on here loads of times..that will be where the fanzine got it..
its not SDs fault our fans put 2 and 2 together and got 748..there are still people onhere who think michale dell is buying the club

There's no way that a newspaper and two fanzines would go big on a story like that if someone high up wasn't briefing them.
RR released a huge article with loads of details of the consortium at the same time as the newspaper article broke.

Yes, but investment is a term that can mean anything and is wide open to interpretation. There have even been some reports containing pretty specific details.

'If and when a takeover is completed, FPP plan to keep Donald and his executive director Charlie Methven running the club on their behalf. The way they have reconnected the club to its disillusioned fanbase has impressed the Americans.

All I was trying to highlight is that the certainty that is being given by kildaremackem is as unfounded as anyone else who is claiming with certainty what the specifics of the deal have been throughout the process. It could be an investment up to a controlling interest, or it could be a 10% investment.
the only certainty i expressed was the two of them would still be here. nothing you have posted contradicts that

It was more than just newspaper speculation.
not one person ever said Dell was pumping in cash

many on here assumed that was happening though

that if and when quote is from the paper though, not the club

the only bits from the club in all that report is where he says about talks being on going from his twitter so that website paer has made a 287 paragraph report out of what is 150 characters of actual info fro the club (or whatever twitter limit is)
this is all the actual factual info there is in that long report on the link posted

all the rest is paper speculation

"For @SunderlandAFC fans who are unsure what i said. I said I can’t say too much but it’s not quite as advanced as people make out but better than 50/50.

"Nothing is done till it’s done. We will know 1 or 2 weeks. Too many rumours with people pretending to know more than they do."

Last edited:
i havwnt seen anything saying a full 100pc change of ownership was happening? times article was among several saying the two guys were sticking around in some capacity..and that the americans were buying a lot of shares but not all of the,.

well..of course it wouldnt..if the billioanires were committed to growing the club over time.
dont be blinded by the "they have money so must be good" angle...there is more to being a good owner than that.
man utd are owned by four amwerican billioanires,..they arent very good ait it.

A full takeover to allow the new people to make the decisions would be just over 75% - This article sugggests that Donald would be left with 9.9%;

the only certainty i expressed was the two of them would still be here. nothing you have posted contradicts that

If he accepted that deal, he would not have any say in whether he stayed or not if the Americans didn't want him. Again, I'm not saying that is the case, but it could certainly be a possibility, and I don't know how you can say with such certainty that they definitely would be here if that was the case.

A full takeover to allow the new people to make the decisions would be just over 75% - This article sugggests that Donald would be left with 9.9%;

If he accepted that deal, he would not have any say in whether he stayed or not if the Americans didn't want him. Again, I'm not saying that is the case, but it could certainly be a possibility, and I don't know how you can say with such certainty that they definitely would be here if that was the case.
i mean they would definitely be here as shareholders..if nothing else though it may be something else..nbut the point is..maybe he didnt accept that deal and thats why it hasnt happened

not one person ever said Dell was pumping in cash

many on here assumed that was happening though

that if and when quote is from the paper though, not the club

the only bits from the club in all that report is where he says about talks being on going from his twitter so that website paer has made a 287 paragraph report out of what is 150 characters of actual info fro the club (or whatever twitter limit is)
this is all the actual factual info there is in that long report on the link posted

all the rest is paper speculation

"For @SunderlandAFC fans who are unsure what i said. I said I can’t say too much but it’s not quite as advanced as people make out but better than 50/50.

"Nothing is done till it’s done. We will know 1 or 2 weeks. Too many rumours with people pretending to know more than they do."

Yes, I'm not arguing with you about that as I agree, but speculation that it is only a small investment is no different from speculation that it would be a large investment.
It is all just that, speculation. The club have never specified the level of investment as you say, so anyone saying with any certainty that they know x,y or z -unless they are a party to the deal cannot be certain of the position they are taking regarding this.
i mean they would definitely be here as shareholders..if nothing else though it may be something else..nbut the point is..maybe he didnt accept that deal and thats why it hasnt happened

Ok, fair enough. If though, a deal like that was on the table, and if Donald also would have made a decent sum from it and all that stopped him from accepting was having to walk away and become a silent investor, would you not agree that he would be putting his own interests above the clubs by not taking that deal?

Again not saying that is what has happened, and even if it is, as the owner it is entirely his legal right to do whatever he wants with his asset.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm not arguing with you about that as I agree, but speculation that it is only a small investment is no different from speculation that it would be a large investment.
It is all just that, speculation. The club have never specified the level of investment as you say, so anyone saying with any certainty that they know x,y or z -unless they are a party to the deal cannot be certain of the position they are taking regarding this.

Ok, fair enough. If though, a deal like that was on the table, and if Donald also would have made a decent sum from it and all that stopped him from accepting was having to walk away and become a silent investor, would you not agree that he would be putting his own interests above the clubs by not taking that deal?

Again not saying that is what has happened, and even if it is, as the owner it is entirely his legal right to do whatever he wants with his asset.
my pint would be, HE might feel, not me saying i agree, but HE might feel, that safc would be better served with him having more control rather than less control...HE may be wrong about that of course.

thats why the "if the righ deal comes i will act in best interests of cliub2 line is both true and entirely subjective..

Cant remember many saying Dell would be pumping in cash like- just a few over excited suggesting he might get more involved later.
people were regualrly comparing his net wroth with that of every other owner..one did it just the other day on a thread about saudis buying man utd!
you would only care what his personal wealth is if you thought safc were getting some of it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back