FPP closing in on deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not reallt very surprised that you think that.
a siple example is SD saying "biggest budget in the league and the envy of some teams in the league above" people interpreted that in lots of different ways..and certainly thought it meant only transfer fees...when all businesses calculate the budgte for a department as the total expenditure of that department in a year..it was very nieve of SD to phrase it that way and the fans were very nieve (and some mendacious) in their desire to interpret it a certain way..

a siple example is SD saying "biggest budget in the league and the envy of some teams in the league above" people interpreted that in lots of different ways..and certainly thought it meant only transfer fees...when all businesses calculate the budgte for a department as the total expenditure of that department in a year..it was very nieve of SD to phrase it that way and the fans were very nieve (and some mendacious) in their desire to interpret it a certain way..
If we are being honest its naivety from Donald alone there. You are of course right in what you say but in football terms a budget is generally seen as a transfer/wage budget. Not general expenditure and overheads etc. It was a daft thing to say to the average football fan on the street.

If we are being honest its naivety from Donald alone there. You are of course right in what you say but in football terms a budget is generally seen as a transfer/wage budget. Not general expenditure and overheads etc. It was a daft thing to say to the average football fan on the street.

Not 606 chatter saying announcement tomorrow maybe?

i just meant transfer/wage budgte...we did (and do) have the largest wage budget in this divsion and higher than some teams above..
our fans seemed to thik he just meant transfer fees..

This is true, but the way and the time it was said alluded to the transfer market and not the overall running of the club. Selective.

In my opinion of course.

This is true, but the way and the time it was said alluded to the transfer market and not the overall running of the club. Selective.

In my opinion of course.
it was about the running of transfer market not about the overall running of the club..transfers budget has two elements..fee and wages..people on here decided he meant just fees..
but even then on fees we did outspend everyone in this division since they got here..
and wage bill still highest in this league./..

it was about the running of transfer market not about the overall running of the club..transfers budget has two elements..fee and wages..people on here decided he meant just fees..
but even then on fees we did outspend everyone in this division since they got here..
and wage bill still highest in this league./..

Telling words, but we didn't in the summer.

he didnt say it about this summer tbf he said it about last summer/jan and we did..
we shouldt have needed to spend massively in he summer...lets see by jan whether they got it right..
Let's see eh? Football supporters are good at waiting. Patience is sort of built in.

Let's see eh? Football supporters are good at waiting. Patience is sort of built in.
anyone who comments before then is by definition wrong..
News, views and general info. You now the kind of stuff. The kind of stuff that he put on twitter and the chats via podcast. In fact all correspondence. Verbal or written.
who says he wo do that? it will just come, same as at every other club, via the club.

As I said last night and last week, the takeover isn’t happening as we expected, and is now looking like investment to start with and then who knows.

It was definitely meant to be a takeover, but things happened which I won’t expand on.

It’s a case of take what we can now, do well and hopefully “get under their skin” .

Behold, the back tracker.

Possibly because every single thing he says is dissected to the nth degree. Releases via SAFC would l assume leave less open to interpretation.
Possibly. I actually think it's a healthy thing that our support does this. He's been very economical with the truth imo. Think that may stop.
Maybe in response the fact that they did the Takeover podcast when it was clearly nowhere near complete. That must have caused the club no end of problems.
Nah dont for one second go along with that. Convinced RR were fed info by the club there. The club could have come out and played things down there and then. They didn't. Speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Possibly. I actually think it's a healthy thing that our support does this. He's been very economical with the truth imo. Think that may stop.

Nah dont for one second go along with that. Convinced RR were fed info by the club there. The club could have come out and played things down there and then. They didn't. Speaks volumes.
Maybe some people are inclined to put whatever spin they want on what is said regardless. He gets hammered by some no matter what so no great surprise if he's decided to just do the official route now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back