Four Day Tests

Further self-harm by the cricket authorities.

It will impact the way Tests are played, instead of psychologically the players preparing themselves for 5 day, they prepare for 4, they'll start playing more expansively and we'll get more matches over in 3 day.
Even less need for spinners, just as well because we're not creating them.
The 1st class game is needed even less, just as well because they're intent on ruining that too.
No more boring drawers eh? Well no more heroic rescues either.

Limited overs cricket is parasitic to the extent that it's killing it's host.

Excellent post.

If they want this to work, they need to be stricter on over rates to make sure the allowance are made each day.

And let the flood lights help out the natural light a bit more towards the end of the days.
Further self-harm by the cricket authorities.

It will impact the way Tests are played, instead of psychologically the players preparing themselves for 5 day, they prepare for 4, they'll start playing more expansively and we'll get more matches over in 3 day.
Even less need for spinners, just as well because we're not creating them.
The 1st class game is needed even less, just as well because they're intent on ruining that too.
No more boring drawers eh? Well no more heroic rescues either.

Limited overs cricket is parasitic to the extent that it's killing it's host.

To be fair, this is bang on. I keep hearing this argument about how kids/new fans don't have the patience for test match cricket.

Absolute nonsense. The thing keeping kids out of test match cricket is charging £120 minimum for tickets with no concessions in test matches at Lords in all but 2 stands. If they are that bothered about a new generation of fans, get test match cricket on terrestrial TV and make it affordable to watch in the ground.

But they don't care about that, as it doesn't make as much money.

Last edited:
What about The One Thousand.

It'll be a way to get the MASSES involved. No more "days" or wickets. But a super cool number to hang our hats on. And we change the country names to strictly mascots. KANGAROOS vs CROWNED LIONS every other year, anyone?

EDIT: Just been hired by the ICC and ECB. I will ask if I'm allowed to post here anymore.
Post of the decade so far.

They could ease the strain on players by not playing so many tests in a year, but they wouldn't want to do anything that loses money.

How many tests actually go to five days anyway?

Last edited:
What about The One Thousand.

It'll be a way to get the MASSES involved. No more "days" or wickets. But a super cool number to hang our hats on. And we change the country names to strictly mascots. KANGAROOS vs CROWNED LIONS every other year, anyone?

EDIT: Just been hired by the ICC and ECB. I will ask if I'm allowed to post here anymore.
I've got a spare FTECB Badge should you feel the need to wear it :)

Back