Four Day Tests

It’s pathetic and unnecessary.

most games don’t go to 5 days anyway, so it changes very little

albeit we would have had a 0-0 ashes this year

I think what it changes is that it lets you schedule a test a week, with the 3 day mandatory test period between games, instead of it taking 7 weeks to have a 5 match series it would only take 5 and would mean either players are away 2 weeks less or you can fit in more one day games. Think it’s potentially a good idea IF you couple it with something to help wickets like a duke ball everywhere. Games in India wouldn’t make the end of the first innings without day 5.

I think what it changes is that it lets you schedule a test a week, with the 3 day mandatory test period between games, instead of it taking 7 weeks to have a 5 match series it would only take 5 and would mean either players are away 2 weeks less or you can fit in more one day games. Think it’s potentially a good idea IF you couple it with something to help wickets like a duke ball everywhere. Games in India wouldn’t make the end of the first innings without day 5.
It’s so they can fit in more T20s basically. And it’s not needed

agree with you on wickets and ball

It’s so they can fit in more T20s basically. And it’s not needed

agree with you on wickets and ball

Must disagree tbh. Think it’s just to tighten the schedule to fit more cricket in overall, not just T20. Could be a good idea if they allow the wicket potential to increase, otherwise it’ll just mean more draws.

What about The One Thousand.

It'll be a way to get the MASSES involved. No more "days" or wickets. But a super cool number to hang our hats on. And we change the country names to strictly mascots. KANGAROOS vs CROWNED LIONS every other year, anyone?

EDIT: Just been hired by the ICC and ECB. I will ask if I'm allowed to post here anymore.

What about The One Thousand.

It'll be a way to get the MASSES involved. No more "days" or wickets. But a super cool number to hang our hats on. And we change the country names to strictly mascots. KANGAROOS vs CROWNED LIONS every other year, anyone?

EDIT: Just been hired by the ICC and ECB. I will ask if I'm allowed to post here anymore.
Snakes on the boundary is trademarked

That means we'll probably have to have 120 overs a day.

Lucky to get 80 in a day at the moment.

They’re talking about 8 more a day. So an extra half hour, but let’s face it, they should be bowling 98 in a day without issue anyway. All the extra 8 will mean is they’ll be nearer to getting 90 in a day like they should now.

They’re talking about 8 more a day. So an extra half hour, but let’s face it, they should be bowling 98 in a day without issue anyway. All the extra 8 will mean is they’ll be nearer to getting 90 in a day like they should now.
Said for a while that Test/FC Cricket shouldn't have precise running times.

10:30 start
32 overs
Lunch
32 overs
Tea
32 overs
Finish

32 overs at a minimum BTW

Further self-harm by the cricket authorities.

It will impact the way Tests are played, instead of psychologically the players preparing themselves for 5 day, they prepare for 4, they'll start playing more expansively and we'll get more matches over in 3 day.
Even less need for spinners, just as well because we're not creating them.
The 1st class game is needed even less, just as well because they're intent on ruining that too.
No more boring drawers eh? Well no more heroic rescues either.

Limited overs cricket is parasitic to the extent that it's killing it's host.

County championship games are played over 4 days,so could tests not be played the same way, not sure also why there would be less need for spinners, as they are needed in every form of the game, and Harmer has been instrumental in Essex winning two recent county championships, not to mention how successful Somerset spinners have been in the same format.

The key for me is to get authorities to make sure more overs is bowled in that period, as said earlier over rates are terrible.

Last edited:

Back