Forthcoming gigs.

Babymetal in New York - Sept 15th
U2 in Singapore - Nov 30th & Dec 1st

Hoping for Springsteen next year then I might call it quits on the gigs. Getting too old for this :(

Next year I’m doing a bucket list and seeing Springsteen abroad.
Milan, Copenhagen or Barcelona I fancy if all goes to plan.

Next year I’m doing a bucket list and seeing Springsteen abroad.
Milan, Copenhagen or Barcelona I fancy if all goes to plan.
Sounds class Cyril. There's something surreal about seeing your favourites in a different country, you want everyone to know that you're not local:lol:. I always wanted to see U2 in the US and last year got to see them in MSG, NY so ticked everything on the bucket list at once. The Singapore trip is just extravagance, even gone red zone for night 2.
Id love to do similar for Bruce but I couldn't afford or justify the cost ..... and I'm quite fond of my testicles :lol::lol:

Sounds class Cyril. There's something surreal about seeing your favourites in a different country, you want everyone to know that you're not local:lol:. I always wanted to see U2 in the US and last year got to see them in MSG, NY so ticked everything on the bucket list at once. The Singapore trip is just extravagance, even gone red zone for night 2.
Id love to do similar for Bruce but I couldn't afford or justify the cost ..... and I'm quite fond of my testicles :lol::lol:

I’ve never done it unless you count Scotland !!
The U2 trip sounds great, sure it was worth every penny pal. Can’t wait for the Springsteen tour dates and deciding where to go. It’ll be Europe but the ultimate bucket would be New York or Philadelphia.

The U2 trip sounds great, sure it was worth every penny pal. Can’t wait for the Springsteen tour dates and deciding where to go. It’ll be Europe but the ultimate bucket would be New York or Philadelphia.
If you can afford it go for the ultimate .... he's 70 next month. Hope I'm wrong but I think he's building up to a last big tour

I've seen him 3-4 times in New Jersey - it's always special. As B1gals says, if you can swing it...
Upcoming:
Bloc Party playing Silent Alarm in Central Park next week
Billy Bragg for 3 nights at the end of Sept
Vivian Girls in October
Frank Turner twice in October
Mongol Horde in December

Last edited:
Academy tonight
Jason & The Scorchers
The Kentucky Headhunters
Dan Baird & Homemade Sin
Should be great night for those who like a bit southern rock/country/blues:cool:
Just got back it was great. 3 bands and 3 hours of great music. Before I went I thought Jason and the Scorchers would come out tops but Kentucky Headhunters showed some real class and were the best band of the night for me although Dan Baird was great fun. Warner Hodges who played in two bands was outstanding.

Just got back it was great. 3 bands and 3 hours of great music. Before I went I thought Jason and the Scorchers would come out tops but Kentucky Headhunters showed some real class and were the best band of the night for me although Dan Baird was great fun. Warner Hodges who played in two bands was outstanding.

@mickb2112 always had a soft spot for Jason so really liked them - great fun and entertainment and value for money. Warren was very good and I loved some of the Satellites covers. Shame the place wasn't full as they deserved it. Never fully understood why Jason and the Scorchers were not "bigger" than they are.

Great night 3 top notch bands have agree The Headhunters shaded it but all in a great night out

Back