Forthcoming gigs.

I've seen some brilliant gigs in the big hall - B52's, the Eels, Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, Ryan Adams, Pet Shop Boys - all really suited and worked in the big hall. The sound is the best you can get and if the band is good live then I don't find it too 'nice' at all.
The sound is amazing however I prefer to stand and I've only been once when they have a bit of standing at the front. love the venue pre gig but Hall One isn't where I want to see the bands I'd normally see. hall Two has a different vibe.

Wish I'd seen the Eels. No idea how that passed me by.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a stunning venue and I would like to listen to a full orchestra in there.
Acoustically it's up there with any venue in the UK.
I agree. it was built with that in mind.

I've seen some brilliant gigs in the big hall - B52's, the Eels, Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, Ryan Adams, Pet Shop Boys - all really suited and worked in the big hall. The sound is the best you can get and if the band is good live then I don't find it too 'nice' at all.

Aye Hannah peel, presumably with a full orchestra, will warrant the big hall. Before that I've seen the likes of the lightning seeds in sage 2

The sound is amazing however I prefer to stand and I've only been once when they have a bit of standing at the front. love the venue pre gig but Hall One isn't where I want to see the bands I'd normally see. hall Two has a different vibe.

Wish I'd seen the Eels. No idea how that passed me by.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a stunning venue and I would like to listen to a full orchestra in there.

I agree. it was built with that in mind.
Funnily enough one of the gigs in Hall 2 I saw was seated - Bill Callahan. I saw a brilliant reggae show there with Dillinger and Yellowman. However, I don't mind sitting and remember seeing Explosions in the Sky and it was like an immersive event and sitting helped. Whereas for the Pet Shop Boys everyone stood anyway. I also saw Einaudi there which was a bit more orchestrated (not a full orchestra) and to be honest it was a tad dull.

Funnily enough one of the gigs in Hall 2 I saw was seated - Bill Callahan. I saw a brilliant reggae show there with Dillinger and Yellowman. However, I don't mind sitting and remember seeing Explosions in the Sky and it was like an immersive event and sitting helped. Whereas for the Pet Shop Boys everyone stood anyway. I also saw Einaudi there which was a bit more orchestrated (not a full orchestra) and to be honest it was a tad dull.
I was pissed at the Dillinger show and sang (shouted) chorus of cocaine into the mike. (Sorry for spoiling his best tune!) Dillinger kissed my daughter on the hand. Great night.

I am getting old so might prefer a few sit down gigs :lol: :lol:

Moon Due in the plastic box thing at Sage was superbly mad.

What a f***ing cockwomble I am for not going to the Dillinger / Yellowman gig. I remember it being on, but can’t remember if I have a good excuse not to go.
What a f***ing cockwomble I am for not going to the Dillinger / Yellowman gig. I remember it being on, but can’t remember if I have a good excuse not to go.
Logon or register to see this image

Excellent night, thoroughly enjoyed it. Tremendous set of musicians. A shame some fucknut managed to get a “Ho’way the Toon” in right in the very quiet part of a song. It was so far removed from the occasion it was sad.

Last edited:
Spiritualized were as expected superb.
Perfectly structured setlist with highlights for me being,
She Kissed me (IFLAH) straight into shine a light
Damaged.
A perfect miracle into I’m your man.

Encoring with so long you pretty thing was amazing.

Suprised though at the size of crowd which I thought would be bigger ( only ground floor open )

Damaged.

Suprised though at the size of crowd which I thought would be bigger ( only ground floor open )
Was bizarre when they came out. Almost silence & people unsure whether to clap.

Can’t remember the song, but when all the instruments were delicately moved back into almost silence, then the penis shouted “ho’way the toon”. You weren’t the penis were you?!

Was bizarre when they came out. Almost silence & people unsure whether to clap.

Can’t remember the song, but when all the instruments were delicately moved back into almost silence, then the penis shouted “ho’way the toon”. You weren’t the penis were you?!

Aye, think it’s the first time I’ve audibly heard a drummer count a band in !
No mate, but I did keep telling the bloke next to me he’s no Sam Fender !

Aye, think it’s the first time I’ve audibly heard a drummer count a band in !
No mate, but I did keep telling the bloke next to me he’s no Sam Fender !
I was on the end of the row & there was a bit of an argument in one if the dude sections cos of somebody talking. I mean, you’d have to be stupid to think you can talk through a gig like that, that is sometimes very delicate.

Knew the Setlist beforehand, but still gutted they didn’t do Electricity.

Only other time I’ve seen them was at Hyde Park for one of the BST days. Libertines & Pogues top two on the bill, it wasn’t the right environment or crowd for Spiritualized

I was on the end of the row & there was a bit of an argument in one if the dude sections cos of somebody talking. I mean, you’d have to be stupid to think you can talk through a gig like that, that is sometimes very delicate.

Knew the Setlist beforehand, but still gutted they didn’t do Electricity.

Only other time I’ve seen them was at Hyde Park for one of the BST days. Libertines & Pogues top two on the bill, it wasn’t the right environment or crowd for Spiritualized

Yeah my first non festival gig aswel. Saw them in Stockton with primal scream years ago and all points east festival couple of years back.
So much they could have done but hard to narrow down to only 2 hours.

Thankfully it was deathly silent next to me which was a big relief.

Damaged.

I enjoyed the gig too, Maybe the 20th-ish time I've seen them. I'm not sure what it is with some members of the audience. The was a section of about 3 rows, maybe 10-12 from the front that were constantly getting up for drinks etc. Not waiting for a gap between the songs but just upping and shoving past people. If you can't sit and watch/listen for an hour or two without a constant supply of overpriced lager, then you should have a look at yourself. I wouldn't let them back in until a gap between the songs. It was good to see stewards stopping people taking long videos on their phones. No-one minds a few snaps, but some morons take the piss. With regard to talking, I find the boxes at Sage are a good place for avoiding this.

Overall I felt it was a solid performance. I didn't leave and book tickets for a gig(s) later in the tour, which I have done in the past. I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been so tired. I may have nodded off for about 5 minutes about 10 o'clock. 7/10. With regards to the attendance, I think they are at the part of their career where they aren't attracting many new fans. There were a few 'Sons with parents' there, but the audience by and large fit a very narrow demographic. Maybe the Fire Station next time would be a better choice.

I enjoyed the gig too, Maybe the 20th-ish time I've seen them. I'm not sure what it is with some members of the audience. The was a section of about 3 rows, maybe 10-12 from the front that were constantly getting up for drinks etc. Not waiting for a gap between the songs but just upping and shoving past people. If you can't sit and watch/listen for an hour or two without a constant supply of overpriced lager, then you should have a look at yourself. I wouldn't let them back in until a gap between the songs. It was good to see stewards stopping people taking long videos on their phones. No-one minds a few snaps, but some morons take the piss. With regard to talking, I find the boxes at Sage are a good place for avoiding this.

Overall I felt it was a solid performance. I didn't leave and book tickets for a gig(s) later in the tour, which I have done in the past. I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been so tired. I may have nodded off for about 5 minutes about 10 o'clock. 7/10. With regards to the attendance, I think they are at the part of their career where they aren't attracting many new fans. There were a few 'Sons with parents' there, but the audience by and large fit a very narrow demographic. Maybe the Fire Station next time would be a better choice.

Good point about demographic. I’m 44 and was with brother and his mate both early 50s and from what I saw it was very much late 40 early 50 crowd. I was a bit suprised that only ground floor was open and the fire station is a great shout.
Fully agree on the drink. I had a piss prior and took a full pint in which did me fine.
And yeah, Unless you’re 13 and at a Dua Lipa gig keep off the videos.

I really really enjoyed it and thought the setlist was structured perfectly. The big crescendo with lights on she kissed me straight into shine a light was amazing.

Back