Forthcoming gigs.

Was bizarre when they came out. Almost silence & people unsure whether to clap.

Can’t remember the song, but when all the instruments were delicately moved back into almost silence, then the penis shouted “ho’way the toon”. You weren’t the penis were you?!
I thought it was a brilliant gig. First time I've seen them and thought they were a brilliant band, great sound, great set. Loved the backing singers. As for the knobbish 'Toon fan' I fortunately didn't hear him. Imagine being proud of being taken over by a murderous regime. 'Wuv got was club back'...aye right.

Going to Download Festival for the day on the Sunday with our lass.

We met there in 2014 and get married in October, so our last one as an unmarried couple.

Think this is a newish venue.
As it's an old derelict rail depot, I'm not sure how good the sound will be.
The area around it (back of Piccadilly Railway Station) used to be very colourful, but is on the up.
At least it's near the Railway Station, so pretty central.
Has anyone heard of any other gigs here ?
Saw Massive Attack play there in 2013. It suited their sound
Saw Blondie in manchester on sunday night, with Glenn Matlock on bass. Johnny Marr supporting was superb too.

Last edited:
Fantastic gig last night in Liverpool. 45 minutes of Swill Odgers and Bobby Valentino followed by two hours of full throttle Ian Prowse with Amsterdam. Prowsey and the band are playing at The Cluny later this month and attendance is thoroughly recommended.
did prowse used to be in ' care' with ian broudie ? might be getting mixed up here

Fantastic gig last night in Liverpool. 45 minutes of Swill Odgers and Bobby Valentino followed by two hours of full throttle Ian Prowse with Amsterdam. Prowsey and the band are playing at The Cluny later this month and attendance is thoroughly recommended.
I’ll be there. And Liverpool in December as we go every year. Keep an eye on the peacock in September too..,😉

I’ll be there. And Liverpool in December as we go every year. Keep an eye on the peacock in September too..,😉
I’ve never made it to one of Prowsey’s Christmas shows as it generally clashes with the Men They Couldn’t Hang Christmas bash in London. Last year they were on the same night and Skinny Lister also had theirs on the same Saturday. I can’t be at three gigs at the same time. They need to sort out the scheduling to avoid a fixture clash.

Next gig for me will be Amyl and the Sniffers in Manchester on May31. Then our band play the Ritz there on the Saturday with Sham69, Steve Ignorant, Ruts DC, Subhumans, Outcasts plus other lesser known pun orientated acts Sat Jun 11

Next gig for me will be Amyl and the Sniffers in Manchester on May31. Then our band play the Ritz there on the Saturday with Sham69, Steve Ignorant, Ruts DC, Subhumans, Outcasts plus other lesser known pun orientated acts Sat Jun 11
Who’s your band?

Haven’t had the chance to see Amyl & the Sniffers yet. Reckon they’d be topper.

Back