Forthcoming gigs.

Was at Johnny Marr at the poly on Wednesday night, a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Must have played about 20 tracks, mostly JM stuff with a nice smattering of Smith's and Electronic numbers. Also enjoyed people watching, well over half the crowd under 25 and right up for it.
Atmosphere was great and I think JM thrived off it too, putting in a great performance. I know quite a few younguns who are in local bands (from Sunderland) were there, great to see.

That leazes live with James has been cancelled....

I didn't realise it had been cancelled - I tired to buy tickets this morning as I've jus found out I was free next Sunday - gutted but not surprised after some of the stuff I've seen online about the organisers

James are still on my 'to see' list :(

I reckon she'll be good me. Likes showing her bot off and has some absolute bangers in her repertoire.
I had 5G in the arena so just watched the boxing.

I’d love to know how the arena decide drink prices. For Genesis last year it was £28 for a bottle of wine, then last night £25. Is it linked to the price of tickets?

Starting next Friday with Red Rum Club at Manchester Academy then the following Thursday it’s Pillow Queens at Manchester Gorilla and on the Saturday it’s Ian Prowse and Amsterdam with support from Swill Odgers and Bobby Valentino of The Men They Couldn’t Hang.
I can’t wait for three gigs in eight days.
Lightweight. Three in three days for me Thursday/Friday/Last night. Five in seven days between last Sunday and last night. A bit of a lull until this Friday then four in eight days.

Last edited:
Been enjoying all sorts of live music over the last few months but it was confirmed tonight that, for me, there is no finer sound in modern music than the full-strength 10/11 piece Unthanks.

Yay, just checked into the hotel in Asbury Park to find out that Fontaines have cancelled this afternoon . Still, at least we didn’t book a hotel in Philly last night after the show that the Lemonheads canceled purely because we were coming to AP for Fontaines tonight 🙄🔫
It's not like Fontaines to cancel ...

Think this is a newish venue.
As it's an old derelict rail depot, I'm not sure how good the sound will be.
The area around it (back of Piccadilly Railway Station) used to be very colourful, but is on the up.
At least it's near the Railway Station, so pretty central.
Has anyone heard of any other gigs here ?

I’ve been to escape to freight island that’s attached to it but not a gig. They had loads on last year but not as many this year for some reason?

Back