Forthcoming gigs.

I'm gutted I'm missing it - I've been back into it lately since getting rid of LJ. Bit of renewed confidence and a lot to play for.

Sure it'll be good. Cousin so see the family etc. She's marrying a mag like. :rolleyes:
I cannot get enthusiastic for League One. It's an utter embarrassment.

Even being in the play offs is embarrassing. I hoped the new regime would sort stuff out but it's just shite.

It's the one bit of my life where I'm pissed off. I think gigs are compensating for the football. I love gigs.

Even being in the play offs is embarrassing. I hoped the new regime would sort stuff out but it's just shite.

It's the one bit of my life where I'm pissed off. I think gigs are compensating for the football. I love gigs.
Nor can I. Just hoping this recent resurgence might be the beginning of the end of our stay.

Absolutely echo this like. When I moved up here I didn't have any gig buddies then COVID and I kind of forgot how much I love live music

Tbh I still only have a few gig buddies, and unreliable ones at that but I just thought fuck it even if I go on me own I'll have a class time so have dived back in and loving it

Was at Johnny Marr at the poly on Wednesday night, a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Must have played about 20 tracks, mostly JM stuff with a nice smattering of Smith's and Electronic numbers. Also enjoyed people watching, well over half the crowd under 25 and right up for it.
Endorse the above comments.
Great to see younger fans going to a gig where the artist is a national treasure.
First time at the Northumbria University venue. Really good place for a gig, with a bar that served you quickly.
Have only just moved to the North East, but went to see Wet Leg at Newcastle Uni last weekend.
What are people's opinions on the better venue, as Newcastle Uni seems to get a lot more gigs ?

Endorse the above comments.
Great to see younger fans going to a gig where the artist is a national treasure.
First time at the Northumbria University venue. Really good place for a gig, with a bar that served you quickly.
Have only just moved to the North East, but went to see Wet Leg at Newcastle Uni last weekend.
What are people's opinions on the better venue, as Newcastle Uni seems to get a lot more gigs ?
Always preferred Northumbria/the poly over the uni. It was cut to half size on Wednesday with the stage at the right hand side rather than the back wall as it was a limited ticket event, warm up for the main UK tour. Sometimes the poly venue suffers during the light nights with the massive west facing windows and too much light creeping in, years gone by saw the likes of Leftfield, The Orb, Underwood etc and the lightshow suffered as the room wasnt dark enough. No worries on Wednesday with the massive blackout curtain down the length of the hall. Very quick to get served at the bar too.

Last edited:
Stockton.

Enjoy mate. Let us know how it was.
years gone by saw the likes of Leftfield, The Orb, Underwood etc

Was that the Underworld tribute act ?;)

I saw Leftfield there aswel, excellent as usual.

Last edited:
Think this is a newish venue.
As it's an old derelict rail depot, I'm not sure how good the sound will be.
The area around it (back of Piccadilly Railway Station) used to be very colourful, but is on the up.
At least it's near the Railway Station, so pretty central.
Has anyone heard of any other gigs here ?

Enjoy mate. Let us know how it was.
What a strange, hugely enjoyable evening. I'm not entirely sure what I expected, proably something more experimental, sparse and minimalist. Just over an hour of electronic dance music, with a backdrop of videos etc. The first section was all about Kraftwerk, when he was in them obviously. The visuals for this were mainly home video, TV appearances, interspersed with ticket stubs, posters, photos etc. It doesn't sound much, but it was really entertaining. I'm pleased I hung around at the end because he came back into the hall and did some signing etc. It was very strange to meet a member of the classic lineup, whose music has been part of my life for 40+ years.

What a strange, hugely enjoyable evening. I'm not entirely sure what I expected, proably something more experimental, sparse and minimalist. Just over an hour of electronic dance music, with a backdrop of videos etc. The first section was all about Kraftwerk, when he was in them obviously. The visuals for this were mainly home video, TV appearances, interspersed with ticket stubs, posters, photos etc. It doesn't sound much, but it was really entertaining. I'm pleased I hung around at the end because he came back into the hall and did some signing etc. It was very strange to meet a member of the classic lineup, whose music has been part of my life for 40+ years.

Sounds very similar if not identical to when I saw him. I thought it was great.
He finished at the Cluny by marching around stage in an old war helmet !
Very jealous of the meet and greet, would love to meet any of the proper fab 4.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Starting next Friday with Red Rum Club at Manchester Academy then the following Thursday it’s Pillow Queens at Manchester Gorilla and on the Saturday it’s Ian Prowse and Amsterdam with support from Swill Odgers and Bobby Valentino of The Men They Couldn’t Hang.
I can’t wait for three gigs in eight days.

Yay, just checked into the hotel in Asbury Park to find out that Fontaines have cancelled this afternoon . Still, at least we didn’t book a hotel in Philly last night after the show that the Lemonheads canceled purely because we were coming to AP for Fontaines tonight 🙄🔫

Back