1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign currency account when working abroad

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Ashley In!!, Jul 12, 2019.

1. ouro

ouro Striker

How unusual in this electronic age that the same people that fucked the country during the last crash are still fleecing money from international travellers. It's not like I am paying by cheque you fucking arseholes, what POSSIBLE extra expenditure would me using an ATM overseas cause my bank? They already give me the worst possible exchange rate, ludicrously shitty interest rates on ACTUAL FUCKING CAPITAL and I will tell you why - it's because they can do whatever the fuck they want and the govt. will pay the bill when it goes tits up.

In fucking fact:

Lexingtongue and luvulongtime like this.
  2. Open bank accounts?

kossoff likes this.
  3. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

I have a FlexPlus account with Nationwide that gives a decent exchange rate and there's no charge for foreign withdrawals. Fee extras too. £13 a month, like. Might be worth a gander.

Ashley In!! likes this.
  4. We rented a holiday villa in Cyprus a few years ago and that’s who we transferred the money too. We popped £ in and the lass drew €

5. Wadebayor84

Wadebayor84 Goalkeeper

Transferwise if your company will pay in, absolutely spot on

6. kossoff

kossoff Winger

In Spain, I've got a Sabadell account, Bnext card (pre-pay, no commissions on foreign spends, other limits on withdrawals) and a curve card so far. Also opened a Revolution account but haven't got started with them yet.

Still got my accounts back in the UK too and use Transferwise to send money between countries.

7. Cash, aye. You can transfer as much as you like to your account, mind. And there's no limit on using it as a debit/credit card.