Footballer give his wage away for last 3 years who is it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a massively unique thing though is it? When Beckham went to PSG, he signed every penny to charity. (He was making more in endorsements than wages anyway so wasn't as massive deal as if one of us decided to work for free and donate our wages to charity)

Aye he did, what was it 1 per cent or something?? That looks a bit of a joke right now, and even back when he did it really. Like I say I think he was just needing his ego stroking sadly
I think that was the point though. Its easier to get 100 players giving "ONLY ONE PERCENT" of their wages than it is to get 20 players giving 5% of their wages.
Not a massively unique thing though is it? When Beckham went to PSG, he signed every penny to charity. (He was making more in endorsements than wages anyway so wasn't as massive deal as if one of us decided to work for free and donate our wages to charity)
Wasn't the sign-on fee more than the 6 months of wages would have been anyway? I remember hearing that at the time, but it could have been all guff.

Dreamed up by PSG's PR people to try and put pay to the notion that players only joined for the money. The most famous player in the world joins the club and gives all the money away = he must be here because it's such a great honor to play for the club.

Every single deal they have done in the years since has been counterintuitive to that argument.

Last edited:
I think that was the point though. Its easier to get 100 players giving "ONLY ONE PERCENT" of their wages than it is to get 20 players giving 5% of their wages.

Wasn't the sign-on fee more than the 6 months of wages would have been anyway? I remember hearing that at the time, but it could have been all guff.

Dreamed up by PSG's PR people to try and put pay to the notion that players only joined for the money. The most famous player in the world joins the club and gives all the money away = he must be here because it's such a great honor to play for the club.

Every single deal they have done in the years since has been counterintuitive to that argument.
True, but surely he could have aimed higher at 2 or 3 per cent, one per cent is a joke. Maybe Mata didn't want to give more one per cent. I could afford to give one per cent of my wages to charity. You're right about psg that wasn't about charity, and I dare say the Mata one per cent campaign isn't really

It’s all to do with tax anyway do you think Craig Bellamy is really interested in having a soccer school in Nigeria or whenever it it

It’s all to do with tax anyway do you think Craig Bellamy is really interested in having a soccer school in Nigeria or whenever it it
what tax break does he get for that?
a soccer school in nigeria is potetially a excellent business idea (id much rather invest in that than safc or almost any other football club) because the school will idenitify good players..who can then be sold to european clubs..wih bellamy ior his mates as agent..or indeed partering with a local nigerian club but retaining a stake in the players future rights..you get the benefit of owning an academy in a populous football mad country..at a fraction of the cost of owning an acemdy in england..and without having to have the rest of the football club with it..

True, but surely he could have aimed higher at 2 or 3 per cent, one per cent is a joke. Maybe Mata didn't want to give more one per cent. I could afford to give one per cent of my wages to charity. You're right about psg that wasn't about charity, and I dare say the Mata one per cent campaign isn't really
They could have aimed it as high as they wanted because the last I heard the uptake was exceptionally poor anyway, even at 1%.

I think in fairness a hell of a lot happens behind the scenes that we don't hear about. The Mata thing, whether it was a 'look at me' exercise or if he was genuinely trying to lead by example, I'm ready to give him the benefit of the doubt. Really every Premier League player should have been shamed into the scheme. The top 6 spenders in the PL pay their players nearly one and a half billion a year alone. 1% off every player in the top 6 is near enough 15m quid over the year. They wouldn't notice it but the charities definitely would. Laughable its not been taken up really.

Lots of effing and jeffing. I don't hear someone like Milner speaking like that.

He mentions COVID not really having reached him yet. Johnny Foreigner who lives somewhere obscure or maybe in a remote part of a country ?

It'll be more than that mate. Most players are 'companies' and have all sorts of tax avoidence schemes in place. They probably don't even make a profit !
that's not true, at least when it comes to getting paid by the club. they go on PAYE just like most other contracted employees. they may well have companies for investing and growing their wealth, but their salary is taxed like any other high earner.

It’s Andy Carroll.

Earned his money young, and wages have diminished steadily I would surmise. West Ham connections. Swears a lot. Guaranteed to have had a lecky key meter as a kid. And gravy stains.

what tax break does he get for that?
a soccer school in nigeria is potetially a excellent business idea (id much rather invest in that than safc or almost any other football club) because the school will idenitify good players..who can then be sold to european clubs..wih bellamy ior his mates as agent..or indeed partering with a local nigerian club but retaining a stake in the players future rights..you get the benefit of owning an academy in a populous football mad country..at a fraction of the cost of owning an acemdy in england..and without having to have the rest of the football club with it..
It’s was Sierra Leone and he was still a player at Liverpool

They could have aimed it as high as they wanted because the last I heard the uptake was exceptionally poor anyway, even at 1%.

I think in fairness a hell of a lot happens behind the scenes that we don't hear about. The Mata thing, whether it was a 'look at me' exercise or if he was genuinely trying to lead by example, I'm ready to give him the benefit of the doubt. Really every Premier League player should have been shamed into the scheme. The top 6 spenders in the PL pay their players nearly one and a half billion a year alone. 1% off every player in the top 6 is near enough 15m quid over the year. They wouldn't notice it but the charities definitely would. Laughable its not been taken up really.
I totally agree with what you are saying, the biggest problem for me is the fans support it, me included tho I'll be honest about that. When man utd signed Sanchez their fans were buzzing, happens with every big signing, the only people that can put a stop to the ridiculous wages in football are the fans

It’s Andy Carroll.

Earned his money young, and wages have diminished steadily I would surmise. West Ham connections. Swears a lot. Guaranteed to have had a lecky key meter as a kid. And gravy stains.
He’s absolutely thick as fuck though and doesn’t seem the type to sacrifice his wages.

He mentions about his kids. Neither rose or Lennon have kids
Was thinking jagielka

Last edited:
that's not true, at least when it comes to getting paid by the club. they go on PAYE just like most other contracted employees. they may well have companies for investing and growing their wealth, but their salary is taxed like any other high earner.
I agree to an extent, their basic club salary yes, everything else no.

Unless of course you worked for SAFC in the last 10 years, according to STID S02..........then you won't have a clue.

What about Theo Walcott. Has had a long career earning high wages. Still on top money at Everton but maybe not quite what he was on at Arsenal. Also remember reading somewhere that his mum worked as a midwife. This could influence the way he singled out NHS workers for special praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back