Footballer give his wage away for last 3 years who is it !

1 per cent doesn't change a thing, surely if you give to charity the ideology behind it is to change what's going on?

So far it's estimated to have impacted on 2.3m children around the world.

What he's done is start a movement. There's absolutely no point in starting by suggesting everyone gives away millions. 1% is something that every footballer at every level can do and it means more people get involved. Then when you've got the audience, you look at expanding the initiative.

Mata is doing exactly what you're suggesting, he's changing how footballers interact with charity and helping to create a common fund.

I reckon it is someone 28-33 who has played for Spurs int the past. I'd have gone for Townsend , but he has already spoke out defending players and wages I think.Glen Murray maybe ?

Aye he did, what was it 1 per cent or something?? That looks a bit of a joke right now, and even back when he did it really. Like I say I think he was just needing his ego stroking sadly
There was a refrence to blowing bubbles when we next play i'm thinking maybe a West ham player , zabaletta was a very good shout
Exactly who I thought. I imagined someone from abroad.

It’s some one who been big time for a lot of years I can imagine after the Bradley lowery thing it changed Defoe he will have an absolute fortune in the bank anyway last 3 years wages wouldn’t even make a difference can’t see Troy deeney having enough to give 3 yrs away

Several clues:

Talks about "30,000 fans" - so those clubs with larger capacities can be ruled out.

£50,000 a week currently, but has been on more. Rules out the likes of Deeney, who hasn't spent all his career earning six figures a week.

I can imagine its someone at a club like Palace. Gary Cahill perhaps?

Kyle Walker maybe. I'm guessing it's someone in their late 20's/early 30's who as already been very successful. It's not someone who is a spokesperson like Henderson, Milner, Kane etc. because he swears to much.

Odds on Kyle Walker just gone right out

Manchester City to investigate Kyle Walker over sex party during lockdown

What a breath of fresh air. Thank you for posting.

At last, a footballer who tells it right.

One of the London fringe clubs - Palace, Hammers or Watford , player who's got more than plenty and northern connections/roots - Welbeck? Cahill?

This is like the 'Secret Footballer'
Excellent read, definitely a brit judging by the excellent use of Anglo Saxon expletives to drive his points home.

Lennon fits the bill perfectly, long career, some big paydays in the past, probably still on around 50k now.

Good on whoever it is though.
Hello anz1day.

Noble or Wilshire.

Possibly the article is a figment of the writer's imaginantion.

Last edited:

Back