Football Manager 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same! I got battered by my U21 team in a friendly and the players are bell ends.

Picked up since but I'm still struggling to get a good team going.

Austin and Flinders by any chance? I did managed to beat the U21's... Just! 3-2 after chucking away a 3-0 lead

I was tempted to cash in on them mind. Austin is valued at £180k :eek:

Dunno how people can say its went backwards from 13, its pretty much the same but its been polished well. There's a few bugs that need fixing but 13 was the worst one I thought.

Has anyone played classic mode? I fancy buying it for the first time in years but dont really have the time(or patience) to be knee deep in stats etc - how does the classic mode compare to the older versions of FM and even further back CM??

Austin and Flinders by any chance? I did managed to beat the U21's... Just! 3-2 after chucking away a 3-0 lead

I was tempted to cash in on them mind. Austin is valued at £180k :eek:

Think so yeah... I was 3-0 down at half time but pulled it back to 3-2 at full time. Hardest team I've played so far.

Struggling to see how to improve the team on such a limited budget though.
Not really looked at scouting etc yet though so before the season starts I'm gonna try to get up to speed.

While you lot start again i'm sticking with 13. Just finished the 2033/34 season and nabbed my first league title in 5 years :cool:

While you lot start again i'm sticking with 13. Just finished the 2033/34 season and nabbed my first league title in 5 years :cool:

Loved 13. Had Hartlepool as European Cup Winners and league champions in 2022 season :lol: Sunderland on the game I was playing were crippled by debt and about to drop into League One :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1383312594][/DOUBLEPOST]
Think so yeah... I was 3-0 down at half time but pulled it back to 3-2 at full time. Hardest team I've played so far.

Struggling to see how to improve the team on such a limited budget though.
Not really looked at scouting etc yet though so before the season starts I'm gonna try to get up to speed.

Freebies and gonna have to sell I think. The team itself is rubbish and the season expectation of promotion is going to be very difficult to achieve I think

Loved 13. Had Hartlepool as European Cup Winners and league champions in 2022 season :lol: Sunderland on the game I was playing were crippled by debt and about to drop into League One :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1383312594][/DOUBLEPOST]

Freebies and gonna have to sell I think. The team itself is rubbish and the season expectation of promotion is going to be very difficult to achieve I think

I'm Athletic Bilbao.

Sunderland yo-yo'd for the first ten seasons but they're an established PL side now. Finished 8th in the season just gone. Tom Cleverley is our manager :lol:

I ordered my copy of FM14 on play.com for £26, did it at 11am wednesday morning and its here already. Cant wait to get home and play!

:lol::lol: Which roughly translates to giving us a few million to spend and improve Fletcher's pace.

nah, not at all. I very rarely stick to one game so I'm always changing clubs and try to make it 'fair' so the bigger/better clubs have millions more than the 'lesser' clubs...

... but yes. I do increase our funds and improve Fletcher. ;)

Right, wheres cheapest to buy it from then?

Ideally dont wanna pay above 25 and want it here as soon as possible.

For the last 6 hours at work I have read about 9 different reviews of FM14 in anticipation of getting home tonight and playing it. Going to start as Sunderland. I am thinking of doing what everyone says and transfer listing Larsson, Ji, Colback, Brown, Gardner and Vaughan, but at the same time I get carried away thinking its real and will want to give them a clean slate.

I will however list and never play Phil Bardsley!

For the last 6 hours at work I have read about 9 different reviews of FM14 in anticipation of getting home tonight and playing it. Going to start as Sunderland. I am thinking of doing what everyone says and transfer listing Larsson, Ji, Colback, Brown, Gardner and Vaughan, but at the same time I get carried away thinking its real and will want to give them a clean slate.

You'll get rid of Larsson, Ji, and Vaughan pretty easily. Good luck with the rest :lol: I even tried to piss them off so they'd want to leave but no fucker would take them.

I'm addicted to it again, its been a good 5 years at least since I've played it.

Right down amongst it with Gateshead. Currently sitting second in the Skrill Premier.

Keep Colback. He got an average of about 7.5 for me in season 1, very reliable.

The budgets on this one are very very difficult to manage, alot of loans and free transfers to be had though.

Vergini is a beast at CB!

Started again when the proper release came out. Into January now, added a few screenshots below.

Premier League Table
Logon or register to see this image

Transfers
Logon or register to see this image

Team

Fletcher has 8 goals with Altidore having 6. Johnson has 4 goals and 15 assists. Hope they continue to play like they have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back