Football Manager 2012 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 2 PL games after pre-season.

Brought in:

Michael Owen - £1.2 million, 2 year contract at £65k a week.
Wayne Bridge - Loan, 50% of wages (£40,000)
Esteban Granero - £4.4 million from R.Madrid, 4 year contract at £60,000 a week
Darron Gibson - £2.2 million (payed over 48 months), £18,000 a week

Got rid of:

Nosworthy (Reading on loan, 100% of wages and a future fee of £850k)
Killgallon (Sheff Utd on loan, 30% of his wages, future fee of £600k)
Adams (On loan to Preston)
Carson (Released)

Pre-season games:

Sunderland Reserves - Won 3-0, Ji Dong Won (2) and Connor Wickham got (1) Wes Brown sent off.

Arbroath - Won 2-0, James McClean and Ji Dong Won. Connor Wickham injured for 3 weeks.

Chivas - Won 4-1, Bendtner, Colback, Ji Dong Won and Sess.

Cardiff - Got beat 1-0, last minute winner from Rudy Gestede.

Morton - Won 8-1, Ji Dong Won hat trick, Michael Owen hat trick, Craig Garner and Elmo.

AS Monaco - Got beat 3-2, Ji Dong Won and Elmo

Levante - Won 3-1, Ji again, Cattermole and OG.

Napoli - Won 2-0, Bendtner and Elmo

Almeria - Won 3-0, Bendtner, McClean and Vaughan.

Start of the season:

Wigan - Won 2-0, Owen and Figureo (sp?)

Man United - 2-2, getting beat 2-0 at half time after Rooney and Hernandez put them up with 4 minutes gone. :oops: The new tone thing came in handy and Bendtner put one in straight from the kick off, three passes and back of the net :) Granero then equalised after 56 minutes and we went and dominated the rest of the game. Brown had a header disallowed in the 94th minute. Fuming. Was nowt wrong with it, criticised the ref and the FA said nowt.

Got Rochdale in the first round of the League Cup, thinking of giving the likes of McClean, Colback, Laing and Wickham (just got back from the U20 World Cup final which England won after a hat trick from Sunderland's number 9) a run out.

Last edited:

Bendtner is hard work like. Only realistic I suppose. Praise the team post-match and he's delighted. Praise his performance individually and he's back down to "happy". Encourage him and he's confused. Demand extra from him and he's confused. :lol: really enjoying it so far.

Bendtner is hard work like. Only realistic I suppose. Praise the team post-match and he's delighted. Praise his performance individually and he's back down to "happy". Encourage him and he's confused. Demand extra from him and he's confused. :lol: really enjoying it so far.

He gets confused a lot. So does Gardner who is f***ing gash. :-O

Loving this like, Bendtner is a pain in the arse like :lol: Overall its great fun, currently fifth after bringing in Gary Cahill, Wayne Bridge and Welbeck on Loan...

Cba to download it giving my shocking internet, just going to wait for the game to come through the post, spoils it a bit playing the demo anyway I think.

been playing this for a few hours, best one I've played for a couple of years.

In
Bought in Wayne Bridge (64k p/w)
Danny Welbeck on Loan
Andreas Ivanschitz (some Austrian left winger who looked alright)

Out
Kilganon

First game against Wigan, down 3-0 at half time, few harsh words to the lads and won 4-3

Welbeck and Sturridge have no intention of coming on loan to Sunderland. What the actual fuck?

so far brought in

macheda- loan
owen- £1.1m
james collins- 7.5m

out

kilgallon- southampton, 625k loan
mclean (whos he?)- west ham 85k loan
angelieri- southampton £2.9m over 48 months

quite happy with my squad

so far brought in

macheda- loan
owen- £1.1m
james collins- 7.5m

out

kilgallon- southampton, 625k loan
mclean (whos he?)- west ham 85k loan
angelieri- southampton £2.9m over 48 months

quite happy with my squad

James McClean - Sunderland signed midfielder James McClean from Derry City for a fee of £350,000 in August 2011.

The left winger signed a three-year contract after catching Steve Bruce's eye with some excellent performances on the other side of the Irish Sea.

McClean began his fledgling career at Derry-based Trojans FC before coming through the youth ranks at Derry City, making his first team debut for the Candystripes in 2008.

His form for Derry City saw him selected for an 'all-star' Airtricity League XI for last month's Dublin Super Cup, a pre-season tournament including Manchester City, Celtic and Inter Milan.

The midfielder scored 18 goals in 73 appearances for Derry and is one to watch with his potent mix of height, pace and shooting ability.

Been decent for me, been involved mostly from the bench. In direct competition with Knott for a place in the squad. Scored 1 goal and has 3 assists in 6 games he's been involved in.

Angeleri got injured after coming back from torn hamstring coming on as a sub in a reserve game. Out for 8 months. :neutral:

sold colback to southampton for £1.9m. usually id keep him but since its only the demo id like a little cash

reed on loan to fleetwood
cook on loan to wallsall
blair on loan to crewe

and that will be business concluded i reckon unless the board can sign me thiago

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back