Football Manager 2012 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers mate, that's a great help. Gonna stick it on after the Everton game and give us another shot.

Cheers. Hopefully I can do well this time. Last time I went as us John O'Shea scored 2 own goals in the first game of the season so I rage quit.

:lol:

So far, i've resisted the temptation to rage quit. I normally use the FMRTE (Real time editor) thing, but its not compatible with this update yet, so this is the first time in aggggeeeesssss im playing without cheating. Not quit and restarted any games at all, and tbh, im enjoying it more than ever and doubt i'll use the editor ever again.

Just beat the Mags 4-2...giddup!

What the fuck is this? It's only a friendly but I'm 2-0 down to some shite Israeli team.

I just started a game with the update and hasn't gone to well at the moment

Villa 3-0 SAFC
SAFC 3-2QPR
Huddersfield 3-3SAFC (lost 3-2 on penalties)
SAFC 3-3 Fulham

Didn't do much in the transfer window just signed Jerome Thomas who is looking quite good so far. Also signed Guido Pizzaro (Bargain at 850k and stats start improving straight away) and Jamaal Lascelles ( young english CB good potential)

Playing 4231
Mignolet
O'Shea Turner Brown Bridge
Catts Colback
Thomas Sess McClean
Bendtner

4 goals in the 3 league games for Bendtner :)

What the fuck is this? It's only a friendly but I'm 2-0 down to some shite Israeli team.

:lol::lol:

I just started a game with the update and hasn't gone to well at the moment

Villa 3-0 SAFC
SAFC 3-2QPR
Huddersfield 3-3SAFC (lost 3-2 on penalties)
SAFC 3-3 Fulham

Didn't do much in the transfer window just signed Jerome Thomas who is looking quite good so far. Also signed Guido Pizzaro (Bargain at 850k and stats start improving straight away) and Jamaal Lascelles ( young english CB good potential)

Playing 4231
Mignolet
O'Shea Turner Brown Bridge
Catts Colback
Thomas Sess McClean
Bendtner

4 goals in the 3 league games for Bendtner :)

He's f***ing brilliant like. 25 goals in 30 appearances for me now.

Gonna be gutted when he leaves.

f***ing Chelsea have stolen Bryan 'Pop' Robson off me, and Keith 'Fuckin' Bertschin has gone to Man Utd, the f***ing twat!

Got nee coaches now :evil:

FA Cup Semi's draw...got Stoke at home.

Last edited:
Getting Nene from PSG for £3.3M. Class.

Trying to sign Eriksen aswell but Ellis is being stingy as fuck.

Getting Nene from PSG for £3.3M. Class.

Trying to sign Eriksen aswell but Ellis is being stingy as fuck.

He wa for me anarl. Try and get players over 48 months.

Just had my 7 game (prem) winning streak brought down with a crashing defeat to Man Utd...4-0...tossers. Welbeck scored twice (16 goals in 12 game for him).

Wonderful, just had Kevin Ball taken off me by Chelsea now. Ffs, ive got next to no staff left.

Into my second year playing on iPad version. Not doing too bad at the moment.

26 December 2012 and second in premiership on 36 points.

Qualified for Euro Cup top of my division.

Made to quarter final of league cup but beaten by Chelsea. I have to hold my hands up here, I rested the wrong players as had three games within 7 days.
Prem match on the Sunday, Chelsea quarter final on the Tuesday and Euro game on the Thursday. I'm surprised I managed to make it through Euro game without losing any players to injury!

Ji Won is my top score on 16 goals with Gyan on 15. I never play them together as they seem to work better with either Whickham or Campbell.

I have a canny back four, although they do tend to leave space for opposition to sneak a goal through.

O'Shea Brown Bramble Olssen

I've got a bit of a problem raising its head at the moment, and too sure how to approach it. Whickham has been playing really well this season, 7 goals and 3 assists, but for the last couple of games his commitment to team has dropped. Local media are starting to question his mind set and me for selecting him. The fans are starting to get on my back about him too.

Any suggestions on a way to deal with it would be appreciated.

Into my second year playing on iPad version. Not doing too bad at the moment.

26 December 2012 and second in premiership on 36 points.

Qualified for Euro Cup top of my division.

Made to quarter final of league cup but beaten by Chelsea. I have to hold my hands up here, I rested the wrong players as had three games within 7 days.
Prem match on the Sunday, Chelsea quarter final on the Tuesday and Euro game on the Thursday. I'm surprised I managed to make it through Euro game without losing any players to injury!

Ji Won is my top score on 16 goals with Gyan on 15. I never play them together as they seem to work better with either Whickham or Campbell.

I have a canny back four, although they do tend to leave space for opposition to sneak a goal through.

O'Shea Brown Bramble Olssen

I've got a bit of a problem raising its head at the moment, and too sure how to approach it. Whickham has been playing really well this season, 7 goals and 3 assists, but for the last couple of games his commitment to team has dropped. Local media are starting to question his mind set and me for selecting him. The fans are starting to get on my back about him too.

Any suggestions on a way to deal with it would be appreciated.

If his performances are not good enough drop him into reserves for a couple of games, start bringing him back as a sub and see how he does. I often find after been dropped then putting them on as a sub they will put a performance in then I will bring the back into the starting line up.

If his performances are not good enough drop him into reserves for a couple of games, start bringing him back as a sub and see how he does. I often find after been dropped then putting them on as a sub they will put a performance in then I will bring the back into the starting line up.

I would, but for some reason that option isn't available on the iPad version, I can see the reserves but have no control over them moving them up to main squad or putting any of the main squad into the reserves. It's quite frustrating and annoying.

I would, but for some reason that option isn't available on the iPad version, I can see the reserves but have no control over them moving them up to main squad or putting any of the main squad into the reserves. It's quite frustrating and annoying.

Just Drop him then, not even on the bench a few games to try it. 9 times out of 10 they buck their ideas up after been dropped for a bit

Got the scum first game. That'll be me getting sacked then.

I've got no worries on that end. On my game they were relegated at the end of 2011/12 season, and are currently sitting second off bottom in the championship with only 13 points at the end of December 2012.

None of it my doing neither, iPad version only allows you to take control of only one team. So no chance of creating a new manager of the club you want to buy players from.

Mind you there is a canny little cheat option on iPad version, when you want to sell a player a club sends you an email with their offer, you an raise that maximum price of £150,000,000, leave that screen without confirming price, go back to message and reopen offer which will have the max price still set, approve deal then once sold you've made a nice little profit.

My transfer budget has jumped from just £10,000,000 to £450,000,000

:cool:

Last edited:
I've started to hit form now

beat West Brom 2-0
beat Wigan 3-1
Then got destroyed by Man UTD 7-0 :'(
beat Spurs 3-2 :D

7 games in I'm 6th. My attack of McClean, Sess, Thomas and Bendtner are unreal together. My defense is awful though....

Has the update came out yet? Just going to start new game as i've been playing another for a while.

I've got no worries on that end. On my game they were relegated at the end of 2011/12 season, and are currently sitting second off bottom in the championship with only 13 points at the end of December 2012.

None of it my doing neither, iPad version only allows you to take control of only one team. So no chance of creating a new manager of the club you want to buy players from.

Mind you there is a canny little cheat option on iPad version, when you want to sell a player a club sends you an email with their offer, you an raise that maximum price of £150,000,000, leave that screen without confirming price, go back to message and reopen offer which will have the max price still set, approve deal then once sold you've made a nice little profit.

My transfer budget has jumped from just £10,000,000 to £450,000,000

:cool:

Don't see the point in people cheating on fm, completely takes the fun out of it :neutral:

FanForLife said:
Has the update came out yet? Just going to start new game as i've been playing another for a while.

Don't see the point in people cheating on fm, completely takes the fun out of it :neutral:

It is out mate...really good.

I normally cheat...and normally get bored and keep starting new games...but because I can't cheat at the minute because the new update stops FMRTE from working, I've been forced to play it properly, and I'm absolutely loving it.

It is out mate...really good.

I normally cheat...and normally get bored and keep starting new games...but because I can't cheat at the minute because the new update stops FMRTE from working, I've been forced to play it properly, and I'm absolutely loving it.

Much difference in the update or just transfers and manager changes?
It's tempting to cheat at times but it no fun if you win everything every year i like building my rep :lol:
Im bilbao at the moment, can only buy basque players. Only seems like bilbao already has the best one's other than xabi alonso, arteta and the spanish right back who plays for marseille.

Much difference in the update or just transfers and manager changes?
It's tempting to cheat at times but it no fun if you win everything every year i like building my rep :lol:
Im bilbao at the moment, can only buy basque players. Only seems like bilbao already has the best one's other than xabi alonso, arteta and the spanish right back who plays for marseille.

I'm trying that alongside playing as us. Just signed a few young players. There's also Monreal from Malaga you can sign but he's just gone there so he won't leave.
Trying to get some £3m rated kid from Betis too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back