Football Manager 2012 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy Knotts potential has been increased in the latest update can turn into quite a good left winger now. Egans potential has also got better, but he becomes lower premiership level so might just be good to bring through and sell later on than to be a future first teamer.

The prices of young english players is ridiculous. Out of intrest I downloaded genie scout to see the offer you woudl have to make to get accepted for some, heres a few rough figures from memory

Phil Jones - 90mil
Micah Richards - 100mil
Matt Phillips - 15mil
Nathan Redmond - 16mil

Smalling had an incredibly high price aswell I just can't quite remember it though.

Some transfers going through are stupid aswell, a lot of poor championship players like Hayden Mullens getting moves to the premiership :/

Also Players like David Goodwillie at Blackburn he only arrived in the summer, but a week into preseason it appears in the news feed he is unhappy with lack of first team football. f***ing Stupid

Went on a disastrous run of 5 defeats in a row, dropping into the relegation zone just before Christmas. Changed my tactics and turned it round to record 3 wins on the bounce. Still in the league cup. Got Newcastle in the Semi's. Drew 0-0 in the first leg.

Bendtner is quality on this update like (12.2.0). 20 apps, 18 goals in all comps. Signed Hoillett, Shawcross and Reid (RB) in January for a combined 20m (over 48 months). 12th place again now.

Hoping for a strong 2nd half now that all my players are fit. Campbell made a return by playing 60mins against Carlisle in the FA Cup, which I won 4-2.

Best result so far - Beat Man 1-0 and Blacburn 5-3.
Worst result - Got beat 5-1 off Villa and 1-0 off Scum.

Pardew got sacked on December 11th 2011 with Newcastle sitting 12th at the time. Hired Carlos Queiroz as Manager. Steve Kean also sacked. Shearer Blackburns new manager.

Oh aye and Mignolet is brilliant!!

Last edited:
Went on and we get hardly any money.

Anyone got any tactics or line ups they'd like to share? I can never get us to play well.

Went on and we get hardly any money.

Anyone got any tactics or line ups they'd like to share? I can never get us to play well.

4-2-2 -2send bentdner back bring in sturridge nad welbeck. sell bramble, angeleri,turner and a few more. sign tshabababbaalalallala, sigurdson and vertonghen and your sorted.

SAFC 2012 said:
4-2-2 -2send bentdner back bring in sturridge nad welbeck. sell bramble, angeleri,turner and a few more. sign tshabababbaalalallala, sigurdson and vertonghen and your sorted.

Keep Bendtner...brilliant in the latest update.

Let me know how you do Bear. No one wants to join me. Got about £3M to spend and we already start over our wage budget.
Mags are splashing out and here's me trying to sort out budget deals.

We're a load of shite on this game. No matter what I do they never play well for me.

Might go with Athletic Bilbao, might be a bit of a challenge with the Basque only stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
KarlM said:
Let me know how you do Bear. No one wants to join me. Got about £3M to spend and we already start over our wage budget.
Mags are splashing out and here's me trying to sort out budget deals.

I was only given 3m too. Sold Bramble which the board didn't like for 2.5m. With the 5.5, I bought Etherington. Kept Bendtner and I'm glad I did because he's f***ing unreal in this update. Got given an extra 7m in January so I bought Steven Reid, Ryan Shawcross and Junior Hoillet for a combined 18m (over 48 month). All my players are fit again. Terminated Greeko's loan.

Standout players...

Mignolet - Brilliant

Kilgallon - Playing excellent. Had some injuries so was forced to play him and now Turner/O'Shea/Brown can't remove him.

Bridge - Very solid. Richardson playing decent in CM.

Larsson - 8 goals in 18 games.

Bendtner - 18 goals in 20 games.

Ji - Decent substitute. Wickham too.

I'm giving Athletic a go for a bit. Always get pissed off playing with us when I do shite.

Reet lads just finished my 3rd season with the lads and finished 3rd which was a slight improvement on the season before. Won the League Cup again and got to the quaters of the UEFA Cup but now I'm struggling to bring in a centre midfield player or two. Had a few scouted a wanted but they are refusing to enter contract talks with me the bassas so any ideas?

I've tried Sissoko,herrera ,neves,javi martinez and a few others and I'm drawing a blank as to who to try for.

Reet lads just finished my 3rd season with the lads and finished 3rd which was a slight improvement on the season before. Won the League Cup again and got to the quaters of the UEFA Cup but now I'm struggling to bring in a centre midfield player or two. Had a few scouted a wanted but they are refusing to enter contract talks with me the bassas so any ideas?

I've tried Sissoko,herrera ,neves,javi martinez and a few others and I'm drawing a blank as to who to try for.

Eriksen, Thiago (if he's not a world beater by then), De Jong - you often get him on a free by then, Cleverly and/or Witsel

Leroy Fer and Yann M'Vila, seriously unbelievable. As is Alex Song as a back up and Tom Huddlestone, if he doesn;t whinge like a twat after winning the league and league cup and runner up in CL for another challenge. The git.

Cheers for the tips lads managed to sign Witsel and De Jong so that's my centre mids sorted now just need a left back and I should be sorted for the upcoming season. I thought Dodo was going to be my answer as he played well last season but now my assistant manager reckon he only has the potential to be a fairly good player, dunno how his rating has dropped like that.

Update...

26 Games into the season. Sitting in 10th place. Won my last 6 games, 4 of which were prem games. Into the quarters of the FA Cup, against Blackpool. Into the Final of the League Cup against Arsenal...which is my next game. Bendtner has 22 goals in 25 games across all competitions...unfortunately can't play in the final, so im worried. Really enjoying it now. Only predicted to avoid relegation, but im pushing for top 10 personally.

My main team at the minute is...

Gordon
Bardsley Shawcross Kilgallon Bridge
Larsson Colback Vaughan Etherington
Campbell Bendtner​

Kilgallon is excellent, and Gordon has fought his way back into the team, given a new 4 year contract too. Colback has been outstanding, but is out for 5 weeks with an injury, so will probably play Sessegnon for the final. Wickham and Campbell will be leading the line against Arsenal.

Got beaten on penalties in the Final. Arsenal missed their first 2 anarl. Feel like crying. On a side note, Newcastle haven't won for 17 games and are firmly in the relegation zone. Looks like FA Cup glory is what i need to push for now.

JHMackem: I know you said 4222 but is there any chance you could screenshot your tactics, such ad mentality and how much you press and so on and the player roles, such as advanced forward. I can never do anything with us on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back