Foods you can't or won't eat

I have a bowel all stuck together with adhesions from surgery. It’s a case of what I can digest the least painfully.

So far the answer seems to be ice cream. Would love to know what else on top of soup.

Watch Panorama in 20 minutes, it might change your mind, it might even turn your stomach
If the fish in Scotland were kept healthy and free from parasites I've got no problem with salmon farming. It's a cheap, healthy source of protein with a low carbon footprint.

Like the foot and mouth, BSE and salmonella scandals the exposure will bring about improvements in standards. To my shame I buy the Norwegian salmon from Aldi so according to that programme they have the best standards.

Some reet parky kernts on here like.:lol::lol:
:eek::eek:

I have a bowel all stuck together with adhesions from surgery. It’s a case of what I can digest the least painfully.

So far the answer seems to be ice cream. Would love to know what else on top of soup.
Remember years ago someone on here suggested pease pudding for someone in a similar situation. Nutritious and tasty.
Obviously you're not going to pouch bowl after bowl of it but there's variations with various pulses, hummus and suchlike.

Last edited:
North Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi food. Feel like I'm in a minority of one in this country but, as a chef, I find most of the food served up in 'curry houses' repulsive.
I won't eat octopus in principle as I just love these creatures.

If the fish in Scotland were kept healthy and free from parasites I've got no problem with salmon farming. It's a cheap, healthy source of protein with a low carbon footprint.

Like the foot and mouth, BSE and salmonella scandals the exposure will bring about improvements in standards. To my shame I buy the Norwegian salmon from Aldi so according to that programme they have the best standards.
Wild Alaskan for me or on the rare occasions I get Rod caught Scottish Salmon

Surprised how many people don’t like olives, l love them me!

I can’t eat wheat as I’m a coeliac, bit ironic as I was a baker for 20 years. This includes oats, barley and malt. The knock on effect is that almost all beer is a no-go for me.

Last edited:
Surprised how many people don’t like olives, l love them me!

I can’t eat wheat as I’m a coeliac, bit ironic as I was a baker for 20 years. This includes oats, barley and malt. The knock on effect is that almost all beer is a no-go for me.
I love olives too.
I'd never tried them before, until around 10 years ago on a pre season trip abroad, and as often is the case abroad, there was a dish of olives on the bar of a pub we were in.
I tried some and found I liked them, especially with a nicely chilled pint.

While abroad I've eaten frogs legs, snails, horse meat and baby octopus, and enjoyed them all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back