Flying ant day

They lifting like, once went to a cottage in northern France and on a night the entire downstairs of it was absolutely brimmed with the horrible little bastards, massive anorl

Bought the kids a pool for the back garden. Started filling it about 4 o clock. Still not done. About 100 ants in it now. By the time it's full, I expect that to be doubled. Kids won't get into it tomorrow, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Absolutely loads today in the garden. Came out of nowhere.
We had them yesterday in washy, loads on Facebook saying the same through here. It's as though they all just suddenly decide to evacuate the nest. Was shit loads piling out of a hole at the side of my garden path, obviously the nest was under the paving flag. I think the weather has a lot to do with when they decide to take flight but I'm nee expert.

We had them yesterday in washy, loads on Facebook saying the same through here. It's as though they all just suddenly decide to evacuate the nest. Was shit loads piling out of a hole at the side of my garden path, obviously the nest was under the paving flag. I think the weather has a lot to do with when they decide to take flight but I'm nee expert.
What part of washy? My lass lives in fatfield and the amount of flies over there at the minute is horrendous. Council needs to do something about it.

What part of washy? My lass lives in fatfield and the amount of flies over there at the minute is horrendous. Council needs to do something about it.
Were in coach road at least one of my neighbours had shit loads in his garden and our lass said everyone in washy was on about them, where in washy I couldn't really say. If you've got flies rather than flying ants then that's different. People at teal farm over the years have complained about flies and I've seen it 1st hand can be really bad. The teal farm problem has been blamed on the northumbrian water shit recycling plant or some of the local companies that recycle household waste.

Flying Ant Day isn't actually a specific date. It occurs when the queen ants are on the lookout for a new home but, unfortunately for us, they don’t leave the nest alone.

When the queens decide to up and flee, they bring the male ants along with them in order to mate en-route. This way, they can prepare to create a whole new colony elsewhere.

“Hello is that the council? What i need you do do is go and see all the queen ants allover the uk and tell the ***** to stay at home”

Been fighting them all day today like it’s a draw at the moment seemed to fall trap in the dogs paddling pool got a few spiders on the fence to help me too glad we can unite.

Flying Ant Day isn't actually a specific date. It occurs when the queen ants are on the lookout for a new home but, unfortunately for us, they don’t leave the nest alone.

When the queens decide to up and flee, they bring the male ants along with them in order to mate en-route. This way, they can prepare to create a whole new colony elsewhere.

“Hello is that the council? What i need you do do is go and see all the queen ants allover the uk and tell the ***** to stay at home”
The poster mentioned he was from washy so I asked him about flies. Not flying ants :confused:
Were in coach road at least one of my neighbours had shit loads in his garden and our lass said everyone in washy was on about them, where in washy I couldn't really say. If you've got flies rather than flying ants then that's different. People at teal farm over the years have complained about flies and I've seen it 1st hand can be really bad. The teal farm problem has been blamed on the northumbrian water shit recycling plant or some of the local companies that recycle household waste.
Yeah just normal flies. I think it’s the recycling plant.

Last edited:
The poster mentioned he was from washy so I asked him about flies. Not flying ants :confused:

Yeah just normal flies. I think it’s the recycling plant.
I've a few relatives from teal farm area, a few years ago things were really bad everyone was buying these fly bats, essentially an electrified tennis bat to swat flies with 🤣🤣

I've a few relatives from teal farm area, a few years ago things were really bad everyone was buying these fly bats, essentially an electrified tennis bat to swat flies with 🤣🤣
She’s got one. Pointless using it if you’ve got the door open at the minute. It’s the summer and no one can sit with their bifolds or patio doors open. Shocking that nothings been done

She’s got one. Pointless using it if you’ve got the door open at the minute. It’s the summer and no one can sit with their bifolds or patio doors open. Shocking that nothings been done
I don't live down there but I sympathise with you mate it's terrible even when your just visiting, the flies are relentless.

Had a Randy bunch of the buggers is NE12

Hundreds of them hanging out the back of one another like a massive orgy on the outside table

Back