Florida

It's on a par with Typhoon I'd say, tbh nothing major sticks in my memory from either of them. Volcano bay is way better than either, though the queuing system when I was there was still going through teething problems. That was last september though so you'd hope they'd have it sorted out by now.
tbh, I probably won't bother with Universal again next time we go. There's plenty enough at 4 Disney parks and 2 water parks for a 14 day holiday. Universal is great for older kids mind, its not that I don't like it - but a 4yr old, meh.

tbh, I probably won't bother with Universal again next time we go. There's plenty enough at 4 Disney parks and 2 water parks for a 14 day holiday. Universal is great for older kids mind, its not that I don't like it - but a 4yr old, meh.
I'd prob agree with you there, had two full days there in September just gone staying on site with the fast passes so we were able to do everything very quickly. The harry potter stuff and the hulk are great, everything else is just a variation of sit in some sort or car on rails and have water squirted in your face at some stage.

Hollywood Studios in Disney is my favourite I think.

I'd prob agree with you there, had two full days there in September just gone staying on site with the fast passes so we were able to do everything very quickly. The harry potter stuff and the hulk are great, everything else is just a variation of sit in some sort or car on rails and have water squirted in your face at some stage.

Hulk is a good coaster yep but the Harry Potter stuff, bar walking about the actual place (which is canny) and trying the butterbeer there i thought the rides were a big let down, certainly escape from gringots. And why on earth do all the staff properly applaud you when getting off the ride :lol:

I did go there about 5 years ago, so I've seen almost everything except the newer stuff. I can wait a few more years :)

Hulk is a good coaster yep but the Harry Potter stuff, bar walking about the actual place (which is canny) and trying the butterbeer there i thought the rides were a big let down, certainly escape from gringots. And why on earth do all the staff properly applaud you when getting off the ride :lol:
ha! check out the grinch! ;)
The gringotts one is ok, the other one in the castle, the forbidden journey, I think is a great ride, always just go back around and do the single rider again straight away!

The rip ride rocket is great too but was closed nearly the whole time i was there the last time because of the wind.

ha! check out the grinch! ;)
The gringotts one is ok, the other one in the castle, the forbidden journey, I think is a great ride, always just go back around and do the single rider again straight away!

The rip ride rocket is great too but was closed nearly the whole time i was there the last time because of the wind.

:lol:

My grinch outlook for Universal is more than made up for with how bloody magical DisneyWorld is ;) ... Actually, I enjoyed the Revenge of the Mummy coaster more than i thought I would.

Jesus, this thread is making me want to go back already :lol:

:lol:

My grinch outlook for Universal is more than made up for with how bloody magical DisneyWorld is ;) ... Actually, I enjoyed the Revenge of the Mummy coaster more than i thought I would.

Jesus, this thread is making me want to go back already :lol:
I know! I'd happily go back every year! Was very impressed with the job they did on Downtown Disney, some great places to eat and drink there now.

I know! I'd happily go back every year! Was very impressed with the job they did on Downtown Disney, some great places to eat and drink there now.
Downtown Disney was totally transformed from 3 yrs ago when last there .
I found universal express pass that came with stopping at portofino bay hotel better by way of being able to use it on anything anytime I wanted, the fast pass that came free with yaught/beach club was ok but limited to 3 per day and that was limited time slots . It’s ok booking in advance say 90 days but so sometimes you change plans and are limited due to fast pass timings .
For me much prefer Disney to universal parks but not fast passes.
Went to volcano bay and loved it especially the rapids ( shit swimmer) so took a lot of water in !
Still loved typhoon lagoon ...all day getting smashed by the big wave
Burnt to fcuk
Not sure I’d go again....maybe we were expecting it to have the wow factor you get when you first go and the kids are in awe or maybe the kids are that age when they just want to stay put on their phones .

I didn't bother either. Plenty for three kids under 6 at Disney.

Disney really need to look at their outdated system of fast pass as universal system is far better.
Disney's isn't outdated, it's fairly new. How could it be improved do you reckon?

Last edited:
There are too many Disney hotels and too many people at Disney parks to do the same as the Universal Express pass. Would be bedlam for normal guests.

Good luck with flight of passage and seven dwarfs using that approach.
Did it on 7 dwarves and this is in 2015 when it came out.
Not sure what flight of passage is.
Like I said, it may be different in August, but when we went, if you kept checking from the night before, all the top attractions were or became available at some point.
7 dwarves, wishes fireworks, Elsa , the parade - they were at the time the main ones
All available every day if I kept checking.
Found it very easy to use.
If you think about it, they presumably have to add new ones as loads just buy on the day.

I also think quite a few folk buy 2 week passes and got fast passes for things which they then changed plans - went to diff parks, chilled out at villa instead.

I didn't bother either. Plenty for three kids under 6 at Disney.

Disney's isn't outdated, it's fairly new. How could it be improved do you reckon?
The fact you have to book so far in advance to grab decent slot, limited to 3 passes in a day in only one park .
Universal you rock up anytime and go to the express line...much more convenient in my eyes.

The fact you have to book so far in advance to grab decent slot, limited to 3 passes in a day in only one park .
Universal you rock up anytime and go to the express line...much more convenient in my eyes.
We had VIP fast pass in Paris in march and that was great. Straight to the front of the queue.

Don’t limit yourself to Orlando would be my advice. If you are on a budget, I acknowledge it’s not easy, but personally I recommend Clearwater/St Pete’s etc for a few days.

When we go across, we do 10/11 days in Orlando and then 4/5 days next to the beach. BA fly from Tampa too

Don’t limit yourself to Orlando would be my advice. If you are on a budget, I acknowledge it’s not easy, but personally I recommend Clearwater/St Pete’s etc for a few days.

When we go across, we do 10/11 days in Orlando and then 4/5 days next to the beach. BA fly from Tampa too
We are finishing off with a couple of nights at St Peres, and also flying out of Tampa.

Aye didn’t enjoy it at all tbh. Have to give a shout out to San Francisco mind, that was a brilliant place.

Only been the once mind, so would definitely try again. I just didn’t get it first time.
Think you mean LA is crap, I'd agree with that
San Diego, Palm Springs, Ventura, Monterey, San Francisco, Tahoe, Yosemite, Death Valley
All fantastic places to visit

Edit: Sorry for late reply LOL

Animal kingdom still my overall favourite but I fecking loved the Aerosmith Rock n Roller Coaster :lol:

@WASTID ... Absolutely Loved the Flight of Passage ride myself (managed to do it twice with fastpass) and the technology is crazy of how immersive it is, but agree the queue time of 2 - 2.5 hours is just too much regardless of how good a ride is personally. Weird thing is i would still recommend others to experience it at least once even if that meant waiting.

Absolutely go and see Happily Ever After on the evening at Magic Kingdom, its a sight to behold.

Finally got on Aerosmith last week and it's a great ride.

Flight of Passage is a great VR ride but think I had read to much hype beforehand. Mind having my little lad alongside constantly talking through it spoilt the experience a little (a gobshite at best of time but especially when nervous!!)

We got into Volcano Bay for early opening. Went on all the main slides that the boy would go on during a couple of hours then left as queues were building up and the 3yo was biredas just to short for main slides. Wouldn't want to spend a day in their using the tapu system and queuing for ages. Annoying that I didn't get on the main volcano drop slides but always another time.

have they sorted out the queuing system at volcano bay yet? Was an absolute mess when I was there last year. Just standing around waiting to be allowed join a queue was ridiculous

Didn't use it mate. As per above post we used the extra hours for guests to avoid the queueing system. Longest I had to wait was about ten minutes. Couldn't imagine standing waiting 30 or 40 minutes for a slide that lasts no more than 30 seconds. It's a brilliant water park but as a result is crazy busy especially with it being so close to the big hotels.

I've still never been to Blizzard Beach. Is it any good? Love Typhoon.

Went to blizzard yesterday. Second time I have been and it's a good well balanced water park. Queues weren't too bad for the normal slides which most peoplee can go on so was great for us as all four of us can ride (including the toboggan style racers) as we got there at 10am opening.

There's three main slides which get heavy queues. One of them (two slides racing with rings) is a stupidly long queue for a life that is about 15 seconds long - did it last time and wasn't a chncha I was queuing in it again. Didn't do Summit Plummet this time as again couldn't be bothered with the queue after doing Slusher Gusher (double dip fast slide) which was about a 20 mind wait.

Last edited:
We've not long booked flights for next year, 1st August for 2 assks.

Can anyone recommend websites etc to book a villa? Needs to sleep 9 adults 3 kids (so at least 6 bedrooms)

Back