Florida

Trying to sort first trip out there for next year, however our lass and daughter don't like rollercoasters, me and the boy do. My thinking was to stay on Universal and Disney, however the wife wants to do Discovery Cove, SeaWorld etc. So I think Disney may have to be missed next year. What would people recommend:
Universal , Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, Aquatica and Space Centre
or
Disney and Universal (staying on site)

Also any recommends to stay in decent Orlando hotel close to bars/restaurants. How much is it to hire a car by the way?

We stayed on international drive - the hotel had a shuttle bus to Universal, you could get the i:trolley down to the bottom of International drive where you could walk to over to Sea world or get the bus to the Disney travel center then on to the Disney park. - (or hire a car).

Busch gardens is THE place to go if you’re a roller-coaster lover, though.

I tried to do everything in 14 days back in 2016, but know I missed loads, even though I did get to every park. Epcot has loads of stuff that I just zipped past last time as I was busy dealing with a small gout flare-up and was really grumpy due to all the walking, so this time we’re going to explore it in more detail.

by far my favourite park. An hours drive from disney but well worth it. Sheikra is the best rollercoaster in florida.

Busch gardens is THE place to go if you’re a roller-coaster lover, though.

I tried to do everything in 14 days back in 2016, but know I missed loads, even though I did get to every park. Epcot has loads of stuff that I just zipped past last time as I was busy dealing with a small gout flare-up and was really grumpy due to all the walking, so this time we’re going to explore it in more detail.
I don't disagree, but if you have to cut something, then its in scope imo.

Absolutely dead when we went. Walked onto every ride straight away. Brilliant day.

We went when it was raining. Left the villa in the rain thinking ah its a good drive away it might be fine over there. It wasnt. there were about 10 people in the park. Sheikra was off but the rest were all running, did Mantra 4 times in a row, only 2 people on it each time. Then onto Cheetah, again only ones on it, only that one bloody hurt, the speed you go with the rain hitting you in the face so only did it a few times :lol: think we were on our way back by about midday, soaked to the skin and dizzy from doing more rollercoasters in a few hours than I'd ever done in a day.

I don't disagree, but if you have to cut something, then its in scope imo.

absolutely not. If your cutting a park to me its Epcot, then Hollywood Studios. Id even rate it higher than animal kingdom for the wildlife you see there.

We went when it was raining. Left the villa in the rain thinking ah its a good drive away it might be fine over there. It wasnt. there were about 10 people in the park. Sheikra was off but the rest were all running, did Mantra 4 times in a row, only 2 people on it each time. Then onto Cheetah, again only ones on it, only that one bloody hurt, the speed you go with the rain hitting you in the face so only did it a few times :lol: think we were on our way back by about midday, soaked to the skin and dizzy from doing more rollercoasters in a few hours than I'd ever done in a day.

absolutely not. If your cutting a park to me its Epcot, then Hollywood Studios. Id even rate it higher than animal kingdom for the wildlife you see there.
Especially with Hollywood studios only having about 3 rides now. Toy Story land has just opened, but everything there is a bit tame for my kids as they’re teenagers. I’d never cut out Animal Kingdom though, as it’s my favourite Disney Park due to the theming of it all. Good thing about Disney parks is that you can do one in half a day (if you rope drop the popular rides) then onto one of the Disney water parks for the afternoon/evening, then back to a park for the fireworks, all for one parking charge.

Now parking charges....there’s a major irritant that I wasn’t expecting. Over £200 in 14 days....

Busch announced their new coaster for 2019 yesterday. Looks like it'll be another good one.

Especially with Hollywood studios only having about 3 rides now. Toy Story land has just opened, but everything there is a bit tame for my kids as they’re teenagers. I’d never cut out Animal Kingdom though, as it’s my favourite Disney Park due to the theming of it all. Good thing about Disney parks is that you can do one in half a day (if you rope drop the popular rides) then onto one of the Disney water parks for the afternoon/evening, then back to a park for the fireworks, all for one parking charge.

Now parking charges....there’s a major irritant that I wasn’t expecting. Over £200 in 14 days....

Hollywood Studios has the two most 'thrill' rides at Disney.

I like it, its different - small and has some really nice attractions (ToT, RnR, Star Tours). Its an easy day and a good night time show.
Plus, they have all the live shows for smaller kids.

Busch announced their new coaster for 2019 yesterday. Looks like it'll be another good one.

They’re all done better at Disney Paris imo.

I’m not advocating giving HS a miss though, as I’ve said, I run around like a blue-arse-fly to make sure we get everywhere!

We’ve been here before ;) I just don’t fancy sharing the room with my 14 and 17 year old daughters.
The costs don't half rise when you start looking at 1 bedroom appts on property mind. Wowsers.

I guess this is another reason why people look at Villas.

The costs don't half rise when you start looking at 1 bedroom appts on property mind. Wowsers.

I guess this is another reason why people look at Villas.
I watched a YouTube video where some kid was looking around the suite they reserve for high-flyers (presidents and bank ceos, etc) at The Contemporary Resort. It was amazing. A themed penthouse (I love the 70’s futuristic style). I wouldn’t even like to guess what that would cost.

Just booked for Halloween next year, changes straight to a Christmas theme the next day.
Anyone been at that time of year?

I watched a YouTube video where some kid was looking around the suite they reserve for high-flyers (presidents and bank ceos, etc) at The Contemporary Resort. It was amazing. A themed penthouse (I love the 70’s futuristic style). I wouldn’t even like to guess what that would cost.
Im sure I saw a price of £33,000 for a fortnight there when I looked the other day :lol:

Just booked for Halloween next year, changes straight to a Christmas theme the next day.
Anyone been at that time of year?
First 2 weeks in Nov? Should be decent. 25C ish, and very little rain.
I think there's a lot of kids there from New Jersey though.

Back