Flicking the Vs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up there with labourers and tradesmen holding up the petrol station queue buying costa coffee at 6.30am every morning.

I always grew up believing manual types drank tea out of a flask.
Amen to that my freind .

Anyone who buys bait and especially hot drinks is a no good bum who want a crack .So do their wives aswell for letting them leave the house without bait and a flask of tea .

Amen to that my freind .

Anyone who buys bait and especially hot drinks is a no good bum who want a crack .So do their wives aswell for letting them leave the house without bait and a flask of tea .
friend...

are you f***ing kidding me right now? You folk created the language figured you could at least spell things correctly...

V to that

Does anyone still do it?

There’s something really satisfying about a good old fashioned flicking of the Vs but it seems to be in danger of being replaced with the more prevalent wanker sign or giving the middle finger, which I tend to associate as an import from the US, like the grey squirrel, killing off our V flicking red squirrel.

The V allegedly pre dates the Battle of Hastings in the days when an invading army would chop if the bow fingers of their enemies. The flicking of the Vs was a way of demonstrating that the bowmen still had their fingers, and thus retained the ability to rain arrows down on their foes.

My main visual insult has moved on to coffee beans...

No mention of the classic 'lost argument' v flicking whereby, as the argument slips from your grasp and the other person turns their back you pull a twisty face, preferably with tongue sticking out and flick them a highly satisfactory v thus winning the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back