Flat-Earther in a homemade rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

After a little more research I really can't see this ending well

well why doesnt he just ring Felix and ask him...he been up higher than planes...if anybody is a reliable eye witness its him

he hopes to go a mile up.. needs to be 6.5 miles to see the curavature.

he could have hired a plane to go 40,000 feet easy enough

The US have at least 10 mountains over 4,500 meters high. That is 10 places he can go to 2.7 miles up by walking.

In many ways he is not that daft, providing he survives! The loons say that camera lenses make the earth look curved so he can't take a camera up for evidence. The only information gathered on this trip will be what he says he saw. At only a mile high, he is not going to see any curvature. It is really not that high, I have parachuted from that height and you can see a lot of detail on the ground still. So he either gets higher, sees the curve and denies it or does not get high enough and 'proves' flatness. He then gets loads of Youtube hits, possibly sells a book, gets conference speaker invites etc and makes cash out of it. The flat earthers will lap it up, anyone else will still think he is a loon who has provided nothing of use to science.

Or, the American aviation authority will put a stop to it and or course that will be government fear about being found out.

bottom line is...whats the point of keeping it a secret if its falt or round

nobody actually would see any benefit or major change to their lives if the earth is flat our round...life still would go on..planes would still fly and ships would still sail

maps would still be maps

the only people getting screwed would be globe makers!

bottom line is...whats the point of keeping it a secret if its falt or round

nobody actually would see any benefit or major change to their lives if the earth is flat our round...life still would go on..planes would still fly and ships would still sail

maps would still be maps

the only people getting screwed would be globe makers!

that is one question I alwasy ask. who is gaining from it?

Win
In many ways he is not that daft, providing he survives! The loons say that camera lenses make the earth look curved so he can't take a camera up for evidence. The only information gathered on this trip will be what he says he saw. At only a mile high, he is not going to see any curvature. It is really not that high, I have parachuted from that height and you can see a lot of detail on the ground still. So he either gets higher, sees the curve and denies it or does not get high enough and 'proves' flatness. He then gets loads of Youtube hits, possibly sells a book, gets conference speaker invites etc and makes cash out of it. The flat earthers will lap it up, anyone else will still think he is a loon who has provided nothing of use to science.

Or, the American aviation authority will put a stop to it and or course that will be government fear about being found out.
Win win for him. If he doesn't die. But even in death, the CT nuts will claim victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back