Fixing a bog seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat kernt :lol:

Jokes aside I'm also a big lad and also had the same issue. I welded the metal rod back together that snapped as I tried to look online but couldn't find.

Unless I purchased a whole new set but fuck that
I would never have guessed big Pete was big mind

If that's you in the avatar big Pete, you have a look of one of my lads :lol:

Not exactly the most thrilling thread, but hoping someone can help.

Just bought a house, and the main bog has a problem on one of the hidden hinges.
I took it apart and there was no plug in it - so I bought one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N9FA28I/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

thinking it would do the trick.
It fix in the hole, and I screwed it all together - but its not tightening at all. Any suggestions?

I don't mind buying a full new bog seat, but it'll be hard to find the exact size - probably harder than just fixing the fucker.
Get a plumber or before you know it..

Urinalot of trouble

Didn't even take my coat off

Not exactly the most thrilling thread, but hoping someone can help.

Just bought a house, and the main bog has a problem on one of the hidden hinges.
I took it apart and there was no plug in it - so I bought one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N9FA28I/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

thinking it would do the trick.
It fix in the hole, and I screwed it all together - but its not tightening at all. Any suggestions?

I don't mind buying a full new bog seat, but it'll be hard to find the exact size - probably harder than just fixing the fucker.
It's about £20 for a replacement soft close toilet seat which will fit right into the existing sticky up metal bits. Treat yourself to a new seat.

Daily updates on this mind @PTR

I'm actually typing this, whilst sitting and shitting on my ultra comfortable bog seat.

Always get someone in to fit them.

Simply wrap insulation tape around the plug with the screw wound right out and then force the plug into the hole as a nice tight fit, it works every time.
They don't like it up them

Gerrup there

He could wrap some insulating tape around the plug or partially tighten the bolt to expand the plug before putting it in the hole. Or a pair of long nosed pliers to hold the plug from underneath to stop it turning so it can expand.
This was similar to the description the surgeon gave on my upcoming operation

He could wrap some insulating tape around the plug or partially tighten the bolt to expand the plug before putting it in the hole. Or a pair of long nosed pliers to hold the plug from underneath to stop it turning so it can expand.
Good shout. I’d also recommend sliding a washer over the end of the plastic plug so it doesn’t pull through the hole which seems to be his main problem.

They don't like it up them

Gerrup there

This was similar to the description the surgeon gave on my upcoming operation
Hope he uses stainless steel pliers and medical quality insulating tape, don't want you getting an infection. :)

Good shout. I’d also recommend sliding a washer over the end of the plastic plug so it doesn’t pull through the hole which seems to be his main problem.
I thought his problem was the plug turning so it can't expand. If it's pulling out of the hole put seem weight on it while you tighten it. If he's a lard arse he could sit on it.:lol:

Last edited:
Hope he uses stainless steel pliers and medical quality insulating tape, don't want you getting an infection. :)

I thought his problem was the plug turning so it can't expand. If it's pulling out of the hole put seem weight on it while you tighten it. If he's a lard arse he could sit on it.:lol:
It’s the screw just turning I thought he said which could mean either. They look like shite fittings to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back