Fitted kitchen experiences?

I have heard of Terry (good things) but never used him.I always use Norman at NB if possible on jobs ,1st class in every way and at the end of jobs (when the kitchens going in) you just want to the job to go smoothly and hand over asap .

Kitchens can be a f***ing nightmare especially when clients buy shite from the likes of IKEA etc which I now knock back.

NB fitted mine at home.
Thanks for your thoughts mate. I actually live in Jarrow so will ask around a few of the lads. Will possibly end getting them both out for their ideas / rough prices.

Aye mate, just mean a ball park or range expectancy before getting any further into the details.
I’d still be inclined not to tell them that. 😎

You’re better off going with a budget and seeing what you can achieve. Bit of research should give you the budget.

Last edited:
We got ours from Callerton Kitchens.
The Mrs knew what she wanted and visited, and chatted, with dozens.
They were excellent. Not the cheapest, nor the dearest. Turned up on time. Finished on time. No issues with snagging list resolutions.

Got 99% down the line with them , went up to finalise it and got subject to not very subtle pressure selling , told the bloke I’d sleep,on it over the weekend when he came out with the price quoted might not be available next week.

I told him if that was the case I’d not be back next week regardless.

Last edited:
My joiner won't use anyone else's kitchens.

He fitted a Wren kitchen as a favour for a mate a few weeks back and he said 'never again'.
People get to know different systems etc.Cut a plinth or cornice short for example on a wren and you will wait ages for them to send another out.Howdens will carry them in stock
Aye mate, just mean a ball park or range expectancy before getting any further into the details.
Take no notice of these Bozo’s on here.What you will be took back on is when they are available.

£10-£15k budget for an average kitchen I’d say supply and fit with Silestone tops or similar.
If you want it to be £5-£6k you will have to get a flat pack from Wickes and fit it yourself with those Formica tops.

Last edited:
I have heard of Terry (good things) but never used him.I always use Norman at NB if possible on jobs ,1st class in every way and at the end of jobs (when the kitchens going in) you just want to the job to go smoothly and hand over asap .

Kitchens can be a f***ing nightmare especially when clients buy shite from the likes of IKEA etc which I now knock back.

NB fitted mine at home.

Ask daft Norman about the time he drove round Testos roundabout six or seven times without noticing the police car behind him.

Got 99% down the line with them , went up to finalise it and got subject to not very subtle pressure selling , told the bloke I’d sleep,on it over the weekend when he came out with the price quoted might not be available next week.

I told him if that was the case I’d not be back next week regardless.
Shame that. We didn’t experience that at all. I think experiences differ with anywhere. Depends on who speak to, how sales have been going etc. Where did you go in the end?

Shame that. We didn’t experience that at all. I think experiences differ with anywhere. Depends on who speak to, how sales have been going etc. Where did you go in the end?

Got recommended Broadoak in Washington by a relative of the dragon , similar price point to be fair but 100% happy from start to finish.

People get to know different systems etc.Cut a plinth or cornice short for example on a wren and you will wait ages for them to send another out.Howdens will carry them in stock

Take no notice of these Bozo’s on here.What you will be took back on is when they are available.

£10-£15k budget for an average kitchen I’d say supply and fit with Silestone tops or similar.
If you want it to be £5-£6k you will have to get a flat pack from Wickes and fit it yourself with those Formica tops.
You wouldn’t entertain going to someone’s house to offer them a ballpark price would you?

My joiner won't use anyone else's kitchens.

He fitted a Wren kitchen as a favour for a mate a few weeks back and he said 'never again'.
We’ve had to buy howdens kitchens where they’ve been specced by the architect. Must say, I’ve been impressed with the quality.

Back