Fitted kitchen experiences?

Speak to Norman at NB kitchens Jarrow.’

1st class bloke and company.Expect to wait though

They are an absolute disaster to fit and are shite.Peoples greed (and it’s generally youngens who shop in ikea for tat)Been burnt before with them giving a price ,now refuse to fit or will do on a day rate.

Thing to consider is this;

Has the person designing the kitchen ever fitted a fucker?The answer to that question is generally no and they have not one clue what they are trying to squeeze in.
That’s where wren,b-q,wickes fall flat on their face and the customer suffers.
Had a few experiences with joiners who have came across with a quote and actually haven’t installed a kitchen at a spec that we have needed. Most recent I spoke to someone who had someone in to do a private job and the fitter must have broke even on the job because of the amount of waste and mistakes he had made due to poor workmanship.

Can’t stress enough to @Scimmy to avoid the top places for fitting and to look online for a good recommended fitter (or use the SMB) as it’ll save both time and money, get it delivered and they’ll do the rest, can save a few quid too

What about the fitting,?

I looked at them when I built the the house.They looked probs the best out of any of the places I’d looked at in the usual places.Horror story’s put me off and in the end Norman came up trumps.
All subbies after extra work cos they know the people have a few Bob. The sparky told my aunt that the gas need bonding and it would be £170, he was talking total shite. Nice kitchen to be fair but service and aftercare have been disgusting.

I would get an IKEA kitchen if I was in the market for one, looked into it before moving but don’t need one now in the new house

I don’t understand how the likes of wren stay in business, feels like you’re in DFS or some sort of parody sitcom about sleazy salesman when you go in there
Mine is IKEA. Must be 5 years old now and it's held up to battering by kids and stuff.

Apparently it's harder for the trades to fit so they don't like them.

These did ours - from ripping out the old one, electrics/plumbing/plastering and fitting the new one - a one stop shop.
They're decent. They did my bathroom.

Can be trusted.
They are an absolute disaster to fit and are shite.Peoples greed (and it’s generally youngens who shop in ikea for tat)Been burnt before with them giving a price ,now refuse to fit or will do on a day rate.

They're good quality but you trade folk don't like the lack of voids. Can't blame you, but that doesn't mean they're bad quality.

They're good quality but you trade folk don't like the lack of voids. Can't blame you, but that doesn't mean they're bad quality.

Last edited:
They're decent. They did my bathroom.

Can be trusted.

Gan ahead then and buy them.
No scope to scribe into a wall that’s pissed isn’t very uk.
Might work in timber framed kits that have just been knocked up but imagine what it’s like in the real world

Got mine from homebase, paid about 6000 but that was with adding in 4 new double sockets, wiring from the rcd upstairs under the floorboards down the walk and through the dining room to the kitchen and 4 days work from the 2 lads so quite good I thought.

First quote was for 13000 though, I needed tiles taking off the walls and replastering, asked how much if I took the tiles off myself and made good the walls, 6000. So effectively, we're going to charge 7000 to remove tiles and plaster.

When the fitter came to view the job he asked what I was doing about the tiles and said I was going to take them off myself and get someone to plaster, he said give me 200 quid and I'll do it all.

Gan ahead then and buy them.
No scope to scribe into a wall that’s pissed isn’t very uk.
Might work in timber framed kits that have just been knocked up but imagine what it’s like in the real world
I did buy one. I didn't have to fit it either. Win win.

Happy five years on.

You come across as the exact type to buy a kitchen from Howdens tbh.A bit naive and wet behind the ears

I'm full of surprises. First time I've ever been described as naïve though, I'll take it.

Loads recommend Howdens on here, but I didn't like that only the trade can go in. Fitters will be long gone when there's a problem.

Last edited:
We are in the process of having a new kitchen fitted, we had a good look at diy kitchens as a mate has one and it’s very nice but we have a complex area to put it in to so went with a company in ashington, alexandra interiors. They manufacture the kitchen themselves and the guy came out to us to discuss everything, to be fair they’ve been great, pointed out loads and asked questions we hadn’t even thought about. They work with the trade and have their own fitters so they know what the crack is in terms of designing a kitchen for the space.

We are in the process of having a new kitchen fitted, we had a good look at diy kitchens as a mate has one and it’s very nice but we have a complex area to put it in to so went with a company in ashington, alexandra interiors. They manufacture the kitchen themselves and the guy came out to us to discuss everything, to be fair they’ve been great, pointed out loads and asked questions we hadn’t even thought about. They work with the trade and have their own fitters so they know what the crack is in terms of designing a kitchen for the space.
Are they supplying integrated appliances or is it just sink, cupboards and worktops? We might be moving near there soon and will need a new kitchen. I'd prefer to use a small local firm rather than a national

We got ours from DIY Kitchens and it's fantastic. It's 5 years old now and still looks as good as new. They cocked up some of the order mind but did send the new units up in a taxi at their expense so they could get fitted the same day so fair play to them.

Kitchen and Bathroom Outlet Washington done a cracking job for us - they do walls, flooring, electrics and even helped with selling our own old appliances. The owner, Darren, checks each stage of the job before allowing further works to continue

Back