Fitted kitchen experiences?

Are they supplying integrated appliances or is it just sink, cupboards and worktops? We might be moving near there soon and will need a new kitchen. I'd prefer to use a small local firm rather than a national
We are supplying our own but they can do it if you want. They were honest and said we could probably get appliance cheaper or at the same price as they could which means we could get a much greater choice.
We had the exact same thoughts, would rather use a local supplier, was a bit worried about price but they’ve worked well with us to our budget. They don’t really do social media, just word of mouth but they do have a factory unit you can go to.

Great Look Interiors on TVTE....

Very expensive and a good job but when something went wrong they were twats and tolled out the old “ ah we’re Great Look Interiors 2010 Ltd whereas yours was GLI 2006 ltd”

Despite being the same staff and Directors

avoid

Mine is IKEA. Must be 5 years old now and it's held up to battering by kids and stuff.

Apparently it's harder for the trades to fit so they don't like them.
ours is ikea, is well over 10 years old and still looks good now. i had to rip the wall units off after we had a new roof a few months ago and they went back no bother.
we just got a joiner mate to fit it all initially and he said they were a bit of a pain but not too much hassle. i think now they hang on a rail that goes on the wall.

ours is ikea, is well over 10 years old and still looks good now. i had to rip the wall units off after we had a new roof a few months ago and they went back no bother.
we just got a joiner mate to fit it all initially and he said they were a bit of a pain but not too much hassle. i think now they hang on a rail that goes on the wall.
Yeah mine are the newer rail hanging ones. Would be DIY in a house that actually had straight walls.

We got ours from Callerton Kitchens.
The Mrs knew what she wanted and visited, and chatted, with dozens.
They were excellent. Not the cheapest, nor the dearest. Turned up on time. Finished on time. No issues with snagging list resolutions.

A kitchen fitter recommended DIY Kitchens, get a design done by b and q etc and buy your units from DIY was his advice, obvs find a fitter yourself unless you are going to do it.
Got one from there. Superb. Ready made (no flat pack) has 1 door missing as damaged in transit. Driver brought it up same night (Doncaster I think)
We are looking for a new kitchen, what's wrong with Howdens?
The thing with Howden’s is they only sell to fitters and give a big discount to use them. The fitter then charges the customers without passing on the discount and make a hell of a wedge. (Friend is a joiner) just annoying.

Last edited:
We got gazumped on a property because the seller gave medical reasons as an excuse in an email to me. After a few days I rang him up absolutely fuming and his wife answered. She said hello are you from Magnet. I thought just hang up before you get arrested. What a couple of arrogant bar stewards being the polite version.

Not wren they are absolutely crap, delivery,quality,the fitters and the customer service. Weve had a 13 month long nightmare and are currently claiming compo from them. Awful. I know every big company will have a disasters page but check wrens disasters fb page out.

Not wren they are absolutely crap, delivery,quality,the fitters and the customer service. Weve had a 13 month long nightmare and are currently claiming compo from them. Awful. I know every big company will have a disasters page but check wrens disasters fb page out.

We had the entire opposite...but have to admit, was a bit concerned when I checked out that page once I'd ordered :)

Everything arrived on time, the few issues (sent wrong taps, couple of faulted doors) were dealt with quickly and the stuff redelivered next day.

There was a slight delay with the worktops we ordered. (we got quartz which was supplied and fitted by a 3rd party) but this was only a week or so, and the temp worktops fitted did the job in the meantime.

We used our own fitters / spark / plumber though.

2 years in and it seems as good as it was when installed.

We had the entire opposite...but have to admit, was a bit concerned when I checked out that page once I'd ordered :)

Everything arrived on time, the few issues (sent wrong taps, couple of faulted doors) were dealt with quickly and the stuff redelivered next day.

There was a slight delay with the worktops we ordered. (we got quartz which was supplied and fitted by a 3rd party) but this was only a week or so, and the temp worktops fitted did the job in the meantime.

We used our own fitters / spark / plumber though.

2 years in and it seems as good as it was when installed.
One of the lucky ones then, i wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Parts wise (what i can remember)
We've had x4 different worktops, supposed to be 'luxury' laminate apparently, we initially wanted natural stone but thats another story.

4 replacement doors
3 replacement end panels
Replacement sink unit
Replacement dishwasher door

Fitter wise
We've had 3 different fitters that between them have
missed brackets leaving the worktop unsecure above the washer.
fitted unsecure sink
poor silicon skills
cracked a floor tile
Fitted a dishwasher unit not square causing a taper and door damage

Delivery drivers left muddy foot prints on brand new carpet.

because of all the spare parts weve had a house full over boxes and loads of rubbish in the yard.

There kitchens are just generic mass produced shite and will not last. Hoping to get a lot of money back

One of the lucky ones then, i wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.
Parts wise (what i can remember)
We've had x4 different worktops, supposed to be 'luxury' laminate apparently, we initially wanted natural stone but thats another story.

4 replacement doors
3 replacement end panels
Replacement sink unit
Replacement dishwasher door

Fitter wise
We've had 3 different fitters that between them have
missed brackets leaving the worktop unsecure above the washer.
fitted unsecure sink
poor silicon skills
cracked a floor tile
Fitted a dishwasher unit not square causing a taper and door damage

Delivery drivers left muddy foot prints on brand new carpet.

because of all the spare parts weve had a house full over boxes and loads of rubbish in the yard.

There kitchens are just generic mass produced shite and will not last. Hoping to get a lot of money back

Must have been mate, mental that, although would argue that if that was the norm, there's nee way they'd survive as a business. No excuse though.

Only thing we said, was next time we'd be a bit more choosy over appliances. Got Neff and Bosch for the dishwasher, hob and oven, but the rest were CDA and while nowt really wrong with them, won't be replacing like for like when they need replacing.

Hope you get sorted, ours was stressful enough, if I had all that to contend with, I'd have gone Michael Douglas in Falling Down on them and been through a the store front with an Lorry by now!

Speak to Norman at NB kitchens Jarrow.’

1st class bloke and company.Expect to wait though

They are an absolute disaster to fit and are shite.Peoples greed (and it’s generally youngens who shop in ikea for tat)Been burnt before with them giving a price ,now refuse to fit or will do on a day rate.

Thing to consider is this;

Has the person designing the kitchen ever fitted a fucker?The answer to that question is generally no and they have not one clue what they are trying to squeeze in.
That’s where wren,b-q,wickes fall flat on their face and the customer suffers.
We will be renovating our kitchen and breakfast room soon, I'm assuming you have used NB in the past, can I ask if by any chance did you consider Terry Lynn Interiors at the time (also based Jarrow). Both are equally very highly recommended for service, quality and design. What I don't know yet is how they compare price wise.

We will be renovating our kitchen and breakfast room soon, I'm assuming you have used NB in the past, can I ask if by any chance did you consider Terry Lynn Interiors at the time (also based Jarrow). Both are equally very highly recommended for service, quality and design. What I don't know yet is how they compare price wise.
I have heard of Terry (good things) but never used him.I always use Norman at NB if possible on jobs ,1st class in every way and at the end of jobs (when the kitchens going in) you just want to the job to go smoothly and hand over asap .

Kitchens can be a f***ing nightmare especially when clients buy shite from the likes of IKEA etc which I now knock back.

NB fitted mine at home.

Back