Firsts for SMBers in 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw an owl in the wild last week. On the sliproad from Ryhope/Seaham for the A19 northbound, just before that layby, there was a bright white owl with a ginger/brown face.

The thread for us all to post when we’ve done something, seen something or been somewhere for the first time ever in 2018.

I’ll go first. Yesterday I saw a kingfisher in the flesh (feather?) for the first time. Really striking - flash of extremely vivid blue.

Today I saw a woman reverse (yes actually reverse) into a car parking space :eek:

;)

Today I saw a woman reverse (yes actually reverse) into a car parking space :eek:

;)
That is not a first moobaoink! Unless you have recently recovered from blindness.:p:lol:

What was the first one? Sweden now obv.
Denmark on Saturday.

You on a tour?
Had four days left of hols for the year so tagged them on to easter and decided to do a bit of over landing, though flew to Copenhagen to save time. Went across the Oresund bridge by train earlier today into Sweden. (No passport required).

Just discovered you can't buy a bottle of wine after 6pm on Monday. :eek:.

That is not a first moobaoink! Unless you have recently recovered from blindness.:p:lol:

Denmark on Saturday.

Had four days left of hols for the year so tagged them on to easter and decided to do a bit of over landing, though flew to Copenhagen to save time. Went across the Oresund bridge by train earlier today into Sweden. (No passport required).

Just discovered you can't buy a bottle of wine after 6pm on Monday. :eek:.
You need to go to the Systembolaget, take ID.

It’s a military operation to buy drink in Sweden.

Thanks.

Paid about £9 for half pint of ale, so maybe will try systembolaget tomorrow.
Stock up if you’ve got a few days. You can get low percentage stuff (3%) in garages / supermarkets but not worth it. Most Swedes with some nouse buy their stuff across the border and smuggle it back in.

I paid £27 for a gin and tonic once in Stockholm.

Thanks.

Paid about £9 for half pint of ale, so maybe will try systembolaget tomorrow.
Bit late now but you should have stocked up in Denmark tho I guess you’re limited on what you could carry.

Done that train journey a few times going to Lund which is a great city (or used to be a while back)

Bit late now but you should have stocked up in Denmark tho I guess you’re limited on what you could carry.

Done that train journey a few times going to Lund which is a great city (or used to be a while back)
The prices in systembolaget were pretty good , only marginally more expensive than sainsbury's. We've got a few drinks in for tonight and tomorrow for about the price of four beers in a bar.

Hoping to cycle back to the bridge tomorrow, but it's snowing now so will have to wait and see.

That's what I'm lifting ffs. Buying more weights when I get home

Totally shocked that I managed to do it to be honest.

If someone told me two months ago I could do that, I'd have never have believed them! It was a six week gym course and we repeated the initial fitness tests again tonight and I've improved on everything.

Totally shocked that I managed to do it to be honest.

If someone told me two months ago I could do that, I'd have never have believed them! It was a six week gym course and we repeated the initial fitness tests again tonight and I've improved on everything.
Nice work

Can you let me know if you're going to post more about how much you can lift so I can put you on ignore though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back