[First Test] England v West Indies - Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a factor, but I wouldn't;t say it has been deciding personally. That second innings was England chance to take the game away from Windies and they threw it away. Today they've been poor in the field. Also Blackwood's performance right now is a massive factor in a low scoring game.

If the Windies were better they could have batted us out of the game in their first innings.

Well done the Windies, played well, deserved win in the end.

england gave it their all but that decision on lunch the lbw, swung it to the windies at the end

great game and thoroughly enjoyed, with another poke in the eye for those administrators who want four day tests .

Bowl first and we win. Don't think broad would have made to much of a difference overall to the result. Glad archer seemed better bowling in the second innings

Great game of cricket, thoroughly enjoyed the whole test. Still disappointed in Englands batting line up - 517 runs isn't enough to win a test match.

Well done to the Windies, deserved their win.

Feel for Blackwood going on 95 would have been nice to see the lad hit 100 West Indies with New Zealand are two teams i can take defeat from gracefully.

Said it during the game but leeway imo has to be given in this game. Both teams played well in stages and it’s took to 6pm on day five for the finish.

cant wait for thursdays next instalment

last thing from me, it’s been great reading a good old fashioned smb test match thread. Only comparison is the big dipper in blackpool for its up and downs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back