[First Test] England v West Indies - Southampton

England Sibley, Burns, Denly, Crawley, Stokes, Pope, Buttler, Bess, Archer, Wood, Anderson apparently, Broad rested.

Reckon they are going to rotate Broad and Anderson all summer? I can't see any quick playing more than 4 of the tests.

England Sibley, Burns, Denly, Crawley, Stokes, Pope, Buttler, Bess, Archer, Wood, Anderson apparently, Broad rested.

Reckon they are going to rotate Broad and Anderson all summer? I can't see any quick playing more than 4 of the tests.
Wood and archer will rotate i reckon, think we will see Stone play 1 of the next two tests.

I'd like Dan Lawrence to get a game but can't see where he could fit when Root comes back.
The less said on the Wicketkeeper the better...
If conditions stay the same, I'd be tempted to play broad or woakes instead of one of the quicks

Last edited:
I'd like Dan Lawrence to get a game but can't see where he could fit when Root comes back.
The less said on the Wicketkeeper the better...
If conditions stay the same, I'd be tempted to play broad or woakes instead of one of the quicks

I'd play Broad, I can understand why they'd want to rotate he and Anderson due to age but for me the final spot should be between Anderson and Archer, with Anderson getting the nod.

I'm surprised by the news about Broad (if true). I also think that the expected team has a long tail. It's always poor when Butter is forced to play the anchor role.

Annoying they've taken a decision on lunch like that. Why not take it now and see what happens in 40 mins instead of writing off the next 70 mins??

Cricket is a joke as usual. Reading the last bit.

How you get kids interested us actually playing the fuckin game. If it's not pissing it down and there aren't puddles on the outfield then get on and play.

"There's been a conference between the umpires, the coaches and the captains. It was a long discussion.

Lunch is going to be taken at 12:30 BST and then they will take another look at 13:10 BST.

It's not raining at the moment, it's actually quite hot and humid"

Harsh on Broad given how he bowled in the last series in SA, but with 6 Tests in 7 weeks I doubt any pace bowler will play them all.

Last chance for Jos, he probably only has another 20-30 Tests maximum to cement his place.

have to start with Broad like, one of first on team sheet

will be Stokes call though
Harsh on Broad given how he bowled in the last series in SA, but with 6 Tests in 7 weeks I doubt any pace bowler will play them all.

Last chance for Jos, he probably only has another 20-30 Tests maximum to cement his place.

Maybe, all I would say is about the keepers is that they all judged on their batting average which people should think it should be 40

it shouldnt, not sure what that is based on, very very few keepers in test history have done that, batting at 7 doesn't allow you that opportunity

keep well and average close to 34/35 is absolutely superb and would do me

Are people expecting Buttler/Bairstow top be scoring loads of 100s from 7? I hope not

Last edited:
have to start with Broad like, one of first on team sheet

will be Stokes call though

Maybe, all I would say is about the keepers is that they all judged on their batting average which people should think it should be 40

it shouldnt, not sure what that is based on, very very few keepers in test history have done that, batting at 7 doesn't allow you that opportunity

keep well and average close to 34/35 is absolutely superb and would do me

Are people expecting Buttler/Bairstow top be scoring loads of 100s from 7? I hope not
Not convinced by Buttler at all

Back