First L lens bought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: First L lens bought (The look at me I bought a coat thread)

that's a canny difference, even more tempted..

Re: First L lens bought (The look at me I bought a coat thread)

Sorry mrs ayesane

she's usually the common sense in the relationship and she says it s a daft idea. I'm obliged to believe her. For now..

She hates my new coat as well btw and it cost about half a 24-105 :cry:

she's usually the common sense in the relationship and she says it s a daft idea. I'm obliged to believe her. For now..

She hates my new coat as well btw and it cost about half a 24-105 :cry:

Mate, as soon as I saw you I knew she had no taste so I wouldn't worry

well it struggled a little last night with some indoor shooting that required a very fast shutter but i guess most lenses would. See how it performs at this wedding on Saturday but i have a horrible niggling feeling that I'm going to find it too slow. :confused: the IS is brilliant but only useful for static objects.

well it struggled a little last night with some indoor shooting that required a very fast shutter but i guess most lenses would. See how it performs at this wedding on Saturday but i have a horrible niggling feeling that I'm going to find it too slow. :confused: the IS is brilliant but only useful for static objects.

Is the wedding in a hotel etc where you can use flash?

Are you shooting the reception / first dance etc?

Or are you just going as a guest with a camera?

I just ask because any lens that isn't f/2.8 or below is completely redundant for anything other than shooting as a guest. I even walked in to the room where my last wedding was shot and thought "ahh this is nice and light"... when I metered I realised I would have to shoot the whole thing at ISO 2400, f/2.8 and ss 1/125. So even the best lit rooms still end up being a bit of a nightmare

Is the wedding in a hotel etc where you can use flash?

Are you shooting the reception / first dance etc?

Or are you just going as a guest with a camera?

I just ask because any lens that isn't f/2.8 or below is completely redundant for anything other than shooting as a guest. I even walked in to the room where my last wedding was shot and thought "ahh this is nice and light"... when I metered I realised I would have to shoot the whole thing at ISO 2400, f/2.8 and ss 1/125. So even the best lit rooms still end up being a bit of a nightmare
just as a guest thankfully.

tbf to the lens, i said it was struggling last night but i was shooting at 1/1000 indoors, rather large 500w tungsten on the subject

Last edited:
just as a guest thankfully.

tbf to the lens, i said it was struggling last night but i was shooting at 1/1000 indoors, rather large 500w tungsten on the subject

Ahh am sure you'll be fine then, and if not at least you haven't got the worry of an expectant bride and groom to stress about :lol:

Is that bloke supposed to be a model? :eek:

Both my kids worked as models when they were younger (daughter loved she got to dress up, put makeup on, get her hair done and got paid for it) then as they got older and started to take after their dad more the work dried up for some reason.

Both my kids worked as models when they were younger (daughter loved she got to dress up, put makeup on, get her hair done and got paid for it) then as they got older and started to take after their dad more the work dried up for some reason.

The industry is seriously worrying. My sister did fashion shoots from age 16-18ish got a two page spread in one of the fashion mags, was the face of the vauxhall tigra when they relaunched it etc but at 18 was told she was too old and they were looking at 12 to 14 years olds coming up

The industry is seriously worrying. My sister did fashion shoots from age 16-18ish got a two page spread in one of the fashion mags, was the face of the vauxhall tigra when they relaunched it etc but at 18 was told she was too old and they were looking at 12 to 14 years olds coming up

Logon or register to see this image

WAD

In fairness this was 2003-2005 so my daughter was 6 to 7 and my son 4 to 5. Never went looking for it - they were out with the wife and she was approached by agents. Canny little earner for bairns like 20 quid an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back