First L lens bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did you cough up for your 2.8?

Had a gig to shoot last week but got stuck at the mixing desk with my 24-70 2.8 which was no good and too far away.

Thinking of a 70-200 2.8 at some point but ahve a couple of options to consider like a good wide angle lens.

£1050 from Jessops, but you can get it on grey import for about £200 less if you are happy to get it from such places.

I wasn't as I need it for professional jobs and sending back to a grey importer if it develops a fault isn't an option, but for the majority of people getting it from these places is a great option.

However if you do ever splash over a grand on a lens don't forget to put the lens cap back on before putting it in your bag! Used it for the 1st time yesterday at the beach and got caught in a heavy shower, quickly headed back to the car as although it's water sealed the 7D is on partially, and dumped it in a bag I had with me... was only when I got about 5 mins down the beach a bit later that I realised I still had the lens cap in my pocket :eek:

Luckily no scratches but I need to be a lot more careful in future!

My 400d struggles at high iso's. My new one (eventually) will suit it better

I had a 450d when I first got in to photography and it also struggled at high ISO's... I remember shooting at 800 and just looking at the pics and thinking how grainy they looked. They were just about ok but not long after I upgraded to the 7D.

Out of the camera's I've had I'd say the following is the max I'd go to:

450D - 800
40D - 1600
7D - 3200

Tbh that's at an absolute max though and realistically I'd cut each of those in half to keep what I'd say was good image quality. For example shooting at 3200 on the 7D will produce noisy images and I'd only go there if absolutely no other alternative was available.

Still at 1600 the 7D is far less noisy than the 450D was at 800.

Nice one! I just got the 70-200mm but not had a chance to play with it yet. off to the beach in a bit though and am going to take it down and have a go, mainly just to test it out more than anything rather than take any specific shots.

Have fun with yours! :)

The speed on it is unreal. Amazing bit of glass. wouldnt mind the 24-105, but got other priorities first.

I had a 450d when I first got in to photography and it also struggled at high ISO's... I remember shooting at 800 and just looking at the pics and thinking how grainy they looked. They were just about ok but not long after I upgraded to the 7D.

Out of the camera's I've had I'd say the following is the max I'd go to:

450D - 800
40D - 1600
7D - 3200

Tbh that's at an absolute max though and realistically I'd cut each of those in half to keep what I'd say was good image quality. For example shooting at 3200 on the 7D will produce noisy images and I'd only go there if absolutely no other alternative was available.

Still at 1600 the 7D is far less noisy than the 450D was at 800.
yer, tbh I don't like shooting at anything over 400 with my 400d. Its just a stop gap till I upgrade though so will try not judge the lens on the bodies short comings.

Pics?

I want to see if you are a better 'tog now.
just waiting on UPS, i undoubtedly will be though. I tried my comp entry last night but it was harder to set up than I thought. That'll probably be the first run out it gets.

just waiting on UPS, i undoubtedly will be though. I tried my comp entry last night but it was harder to set up than I thought. That'll probably be the first run out it gets.

excited for yey, and just abit jel. You stick with your original idea?

excited for yey, and just abit jel. You stick with your original idea?
yer, went out walking last night. did a 3 mile lap and didn't find one until i got 30 seconds from my door! :lol:

the red ring will match my car seats anarl :cool:

yer, went out walking last night. did a 3 mile lap and didn't find one until i got 30 seconds from my door! :lol:

the red ring will match my car seats anarl :cool:

:lol: not sure if geekier words have been spoken..

can just imagine your dirty talk "100010111110101100010101111"

nee wonder she keeps pooping bairns out.

Disclaimer: all planned and accounted for, not like we're scratters poping them out for benefit acquisitions. Anyway, I've arlny got 1 and another on the way.

she likes the fact I'm intelligent, yet colourful. Bless her.

i'm sitting in waiting for UPS aswell ffs.. boring..

Disclaimer: all planned and accounted for, not like we're scratters poping them out for benefit acquisitions. Anyway, I've arlny got 1 and another on the way.

she likes the fact I'm intelligent, yet colourful. Bless her.

i'm sitting in waiting for UPS aswell ffs.. boring..
what you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back