First L lens bought

Status
Not open for further replies.

oROSSo

Striker
Staff member
24-105mm. Needed a walk about lens as the longest one I have is my 50mm. Can't wait for my pictures to improve.

24-105mm. Needed a walk about lens as the longest one I have is my 50mm. Can't wait for my pictures to improve.

Nice one! I just got the 70-200mm but not had a chance to play with it yet. off to the beach in a bit though and am going to take it down and have a go, mainly just to test it out more than anything rather than take any specific shots.

Have fun with yours! :)

Wet in Durham and I'm hungover the buggery, may set up my comp entry for the month though today

Nice one! I just got the 70-200mm but not had a chance to play with it yet. off to the beach in a bit though and am going to take it down and have a go, mainly just to test it out more than anything rather than take any specific shots.

Have fun with yours! :)

did you get the f/4.0? I sent mine back, sharp but nay good..

Wet in Durham and I'm hungover the buggery, may set up my comp entry for the month though today

nice one Ross, still torn here. Our lass made a good point that I rarely if ever use the camera on an evening, and as my reasoning for buying is because the Tamron does not work in that instance; it seems abit pointless.. :mad:

dint knaa, might have a blast of your's.

nice one Ross, still torn here. Our lass made a good point that I rarely if ever use the camera on an evening, and as my reasoning for buying is because the Tamron does not work in that instance; it seems abit pointless.. :mad:

No the f/2.8

What was wrong with your f/4?

Welcome to have a go of mine, I ordered it from our friends in Carlisle last night so hopefully have it Tuesday/Wednesday. I'm away next weekend at a wedding (which it'll be perfect for) but we should do a meet up soon. When I'm not hungover!

No the f/2.8

+100mm it was too slow to use handheld without a flash. Pretty pointless lens TBH.

2.8 is 2 stops better and has IS iirc.. much much much better.

Welcome to have a go of mine, I ordered it from our friends in Carlisle last night so hopefully have it Tuesday/Wednesday. I'm away next weekend at a wedding (which it'll be perfect for) but we should do a meet up soon. When I'm not hungover!

agreed marra. We'll all have to get out; thinking about scouting some places north of the tyne of a meet up.

Last edited by a moderator:
+100mm it was too slow to use handheld without a flash. Pretty pointless lens TBH.

2.8 is 2 stops better and has IS iirc.. much much much better.

Aye all my lenses now are f/2.8 or lower... don't see the point in owt else for the stuff I do.

The lens is non IS as if I'd wanted it then it would have been another £800 for that version :eek:

Not proper walking gear but wellies and Barbour quilted coat, proper farmer one before they did all the fashion shit

Was thinking about mixing in some walking with photography this autumn/winter if you fancy it.

No the f/2.8

How much did you cough up for your 2.8?

Had a gig to shoot last week but got stuck at the mixing desk with my 24-70 2.8 which was no good and too far away.

Thinking of a 70-200 2.8 at some point but ahve a couple of options to consider like a good wide angle lens.

The old boy has the 24-105 and it's a quality lens, great for portrait on APS-C. Negatives - as with other Canon lenses I have used, I don't think much of the focus ring, also (like my 17-55) a heavy lens to take on walks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back