First car - how much to spend?

Go for an ex lease car as you know it will have been serviced regularly and the mileage will be low. My daughter went straight into a new lease car when she passed her test and never had any problems with it. Obviously she is a sensible driver, not a boy racer but she did over 18,000 miles in it before the end of the lease, without any accidents.

I've heard that like. Think it cost me £1200 to third-party insure that 15 year old, 1litre Corsa for the first year. It was worth £200 on a good day. :lol:

Albeit I'd been driving a year and had a years no claims when I did change, it cost about £400 less to insure a newer, faster car, fully comp.

Deffo worth the OP using comparison sites to check if there's much difference there.

I have, just hoying in the number plates of a few fiestas at different prices. 2003 £750 car - £740 insurance, 2009 £1600 car - £801 insurance, 2010 £2500 csr - £680 insurance, 2012 £3000 car - £691 insurance. That's full comp with voluntary and compulsory excesses of around 250 each.

Back