Finally gone full-frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuck off ;)

The Cine lenses are unreal. I've hired them before, it is a kick in the bollocks when you have to go back to measley L lenses!
I've been thinking of hiring a phase one 645df+ but decided against it for the same reason

Ah right,

in regards to the high ISO, its minimal but everything i've seen and read favours the 6D, as i say its minimal mind.

ML is available on 6D now also, downloaded it but had second thoughts before putting it on

Own both and the 5D MKIII pisses all over the 6D... ISO performance seems identical but the AF of the 5D, the cross focus points, the auto WB, the dual card slots etc make it night and day.

Hate how the 6D takes a week to lock focus indoors if it's only a little dim especially when the 5D will lock the same shot in an instant.

6D is a canny hobbyist full framer but the 5D is a beast in comparison. Gonna replace the 6D with another MKIII as soon as I can justify it (wife isn't convinced about this purchase :D )

You beat stop talking cause you'll just make me want one!

Ner tbh the 6D does everything I need and I am just that, a hobbyist

So the larger sensor means that each photon bin (pixel) is bigger than on a crop sensor and thus more sensitive to light. Apart from that, what gives it a better IQ (assuming you're using the right lenses on both sensors).

Does the larger sensor affect the spherical distortion differently?

So the larger sensor means that each photon bin (pixel) is bigger than on a crop sensor and thus more sensitive to light. Apart from that, what gives it a better IQ (assuming you're using the right lenses on both sensors).

Does the larger sensor affect the spherical distortion differently?
I don't think it's as black and white as full frame is better than crop, crop does have benefits.

Full frame generally will have more dynamic range, better colour depth, more shallow dof is achievable, much better ISO performance.

It depends what you shoot. I was hovering over buying a Sony today which would put my canon up for sale of you fancied the plunge

I don't think it's as black and white as full frame is better than crop, crop does have benefits.

Full frame generally will have more dynamic range, better colour depth, more shallow dof is achievable, much better ISO performance.

It depends what you shoot. I was hovering over buying a Sony today which would put my canon up for sale of you fancied the plunge

I see, very compelling differences. Maybe next year as I have no need to change over just yet.

What kind of stuff are you thinking of doing with the phase?
portraits. I simply couldn't be arsed with flakey models though so I'm back into stretching my legs and getting out for landscapes.

and I'm looking at a Sony A7R for landscape, gan have a look. You'll probably sell your gear.

Last edited:
portraits. I simply couldn't be arsed with flakey models though so I'm back into stretching my legs and getting out for landscapes.

and I'm looking at a Sony A7R for landscape, gan have a look. You'll probably sell your gear.
I dare say the sensor is good, but that's only part of the battle. Using a technical camera with the movements and stitching options with a phase one back just cannot be beaten

Someone I know recently shot a wedding in a church with a Nikon D800. From the photos it looks like he was in program mode and forced it to 6400. The noise was comparable to mine @ 1600. :/

Apart from being FF, the D800 is a very impressive body.

Someone I know recently shot a wedding in a church with a Nikon D800. From the photos it looks like he was in program mode and forced it to 6400. The noise was comparable to mine @ 1600. :/

Nikon is better than Canon IMO, especially the higher end. Canon glass is better though.

I shoot on a Canon 7D, Nikon D4 and a couple Phase One cameras but I've just bought the Nikon D800 and it's amazing.

seriously contemplating upgrading from the eos550d to the 6d, would the improvement in image quality be that noticeable (in good light, not considering bumping up the ISO). Can you post some examples of pictures taken with the 6D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back