Finally gone full-frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonz

Striker
Upgraded to a Canon 6D. New lenses, new flash triggers. Really happy with the results. This can shoot up to ISO 6400 comfortably!

Went for the Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 and a Sigma 15mm f2.8 fisheye.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Didn't new order have a song, everything's gone purple?

If it was just for stills I would have gone 6D but my work is video production and the 5D is better for that.

What does it do that the 6D doesn't? I'm aware it has a more modern AF system but didn't think it was worth the extra £1,000.

What does it do that the 6D doesn't? I'm aware it has a more modern AF system but didn't think it was worth the extra £1,000.
I imagine AF is more important for video. Tracking moving subjects etc.

I did a bit of reading a while back and it seemed 5D would be the better option for me.

It has headphone socket and metering, uncompressed HDMI out, supposedly has better high ISO performance as well. Also the anti aliasing and moire is better which was the big one. Can install magic lantern on it as well for RAW video, haven't done this yet though.[DOUBLEPOST=1392825459][/DOUBLEPOST]
I imagine AF is more important for video. Tracking moving subjects etc.

I don't think it can do autofocus properlly while recording. Sure it is only C300 and above that can do it. I always just shoot on manual focus.

Ah right,

in regards to the high ISO, its minimal but everything i've seen and read favours the 6D, as i say its minimal mind.

ML is available on 6D now also, downloaded it but had second thoughts before putting it on

Ah right,

in regards to the high ISO, its minimal but everything i've seen and read favours the 6D, as i say its minimal mind.

ML is available on 6D now also, downloaded it but had second thoughts before putting it on

Yeah I was dubious abiut the high ISO. Thought ML would be come available eventually. I used it on my 60D and had no problems with it and it seems to have improoved a lot since then. Moire looked canny bad on the 6D though from some test footage I had seen.

Yeah I was dubious abiut the high ISO. Thought ML would be come available eventually. I used it on my 60D and had no problems with it and it seems to have improoved a lot since then. Moire looked canny bad on the 6D though from some test footage I had seen.
yer I can't comment on the moire, never looked into it tbh.

yer I can't comment on the moire, never looked into it tbh.

The extra £1000 is worth it for that alone just so I don't have to ask someone I am interviewing to put a jumper over there striped shirt as a "funny pattern is forming" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back