Final Fantasy XVI

12 was a near masterpiece imo.
The repetitive temple of shitness ruined it
12 was canny original 7 was a f***ing masterpiece - 8 was unreal 9 was ok - 10 was canny bar the fecking blitz ball - recently played 6 all the way through and that was cool also.

The 7 remake could have been so much more and I.still can’t wrap my head around why they decided to change the story and narrative of it all

Last edited:
12 was a near masterpiece imo.
The repetitive temple of shitness ruined it

Never really played it, maybe one day but seems expensive for a game of its age.
12 was canny original 7 was a f***ing masterpiece - 8 was unreal 9 was ok - 10 was canny bar the fecking blitz ball - recently played 6 all the way through and that was cool also.

The 7 remake could have been so much more and I.still can’t wrap my head around why they decided to change the story and narrative of it all

Think the Cloud vs Sephiroth stuff has took on a life of its own since the original, prompting the change imo.

What is weird is that they’re selling that you will still do all the major things from the original in rebirth. I get why people would enjoy that but why end the remake that way if that was the plan?

Last edited:
Was dead against the direction they were taking this and wasnt overly enamoured by the trailers and previews. Would recommend anyone who was on the fence or not interested to try the demo. Changed my opinion immediately. Doesnt feel like an FF game but I've ended up pre-ordering. Think this might be the game which finally pleases both the traditional fans and the mainstream.

Was dead against the direction they were taking this and wasnt overly enamoured by the trailers and previews. Would recommend anyone who was on the fence or not interested to try the demo. Changed my opinion immediately. Doesnt feel like an FF game but I've ended up pre-ordering. Think this might be the game which finally pleases both the traditional fans and the mainstream.
I get back from Poland on Thursday to my Copy sitting in my doorstep ready to hit on Friday before going back to work Monday, can’t wait to go through this as the demo was a 10/10 - total shift in FF series but it was so dark and gritty left me wanting so much more
Never really played it, maybe one day but seems expensive for a game of its age.

Think the Cloud vs Sephiroth stuff has took on a life of its own since the original, prompting the change imo.

What is weird is that they’re selling that you will still do all the major things from the original in rebirth. I get why people would enjoy that but why end the remake that way if that was the plan?

I know right - I still think they will change it and I still think Aerith will now survive

Last edited:
I get back from Poland on Thursday to my Copy sitting in my doorstep ready to hit on Friday before going back to work Monday, can’t wait to go through this as the demo was a 10/10 - total shift in FF series but it was so dark and gritty left me wanting so much more

I know right - I still think they will change it and I still think Aerith will now survive
Lucky bugger!

Ref remake. I think aerith will still die but they’ll definitely change how it happens. She’ll survive the part at the altar and let you think she’s safe.

From the latest trailer it definitely looks like there’ll be a timeline which loosely follows the original and another where Zack is alive and the remainder of the party or either dead or close to it.

Lucky bugger!

Ref remake. I think aerith will still die but they’ll definitely change how it happens. She’ll survive the part at the altar and let you think she’s safe.

From the latest trailer it definitely looks like there’ll be a timeline which loosely follows the original and another where Zack is alive and the remainder of the party or either dead or close to it.
Yea I saw that in the trailer. Where they were all dead or so it looked been placed into the helicopters.

I just hope to god they don’t kill it.

I still wish they had the old battle system haha

Back on topic - just finished the demo, and was a canny finish. Excited to play the full thing.

Presume it is supposed to be Clive who is the second fire Eikon (i.e. Ifrit) and has inadvertently killed his own brother (if he is actually dead, with what Phoenix can do). I also assume, unless explained and I missed it, that Wyvern is Clive in the future.

Streamers been given an early access copy. The whole thing just reminds me of a Final Fantasy themed Zelda Breath of the wind. Which is not a bad thing at all considering how popular that game was.

Finally Started it at 2pm today and according to the the list of quests I found online (just quest names, no spoilers or walkthroughs) I’m just over 25% of the way through the story, completely lost track of time playing it

I bought it after playing the demo. Although your progress carries over, I wanted to start again as the demo was that good. Played the start (demo) again last night and now looking forward to the rest of the game.

Just finished this today - probably sank anywhere between 60-80 hours on it for my first play through. Don’t actually know as my save file for some reason says like 13 hours 😂🙈 -

loved the main story and it was visually stunning. The eikon fights were f***ing unreal. The side quests were boring for the most part bar a few, completed them all. Once you obtain Odin he’s just OP as owt like haha. Crafting system was meh, also done all of the hunts and they were ok. Now to play it again on the new “final fantasy” mode, which is harder mobs, brutal experience, level cap raised to 100, new weapons items etc and also you can craft ultimate weapon - which is a 700 DMG weapon!!

Just finished this today - probably sank anywhere between 60-80 hours on it for my first play through. Don’t actually know as my save file for some reason says like 13 hours 😂🙈 -

loved the main story and it was visually stunning. The eikon fights were f***ing unreal. The side quests were boring for the most part bar a few, completed them all. Once you obtain Odin he’s just OP as owt like haha. Crafting system was meh, also done all of the hunts and they were ok. Now to play it again on the new “final fantasy” mode, which is harder mobs, brutal experience, level cap raised to 100, new weapons items etc and also you can craft ultimate weapon - which is a 700 DMG weapon!!
Shorter than I thought it would be.

Back