Films that slipped through the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom of the Paradise - 70's musical featuring Paul Williams

Velvet Goldmine - based on a Bowie type character, starring Cillian Murphy, Ewan McGregor.

Awkward but...
I went to see one about some Paras caught in a minefield, Kabaldi or summit it was called.
Great film and made even more special by only having 1 showing in Pools and the place was full of old Paras wearing their berets and badges on the blazers.
Just watched this on your recommendation (after Googling the real name - Kajaki). Excellent film.

Primer
Red State (another Kevin Smith)
Office Space
Also throwing this out there: Broken Flowers with Bill Murray
A must see for anyone who has ever worked in an office.

dazed and confused
near dark
the place beyond the pines
grosse pointe blank
In my top ten films of all time.

Has anyone said Restless Natives yet?
About bloody time.;)

Bad Boy Bubby.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106341/

Basically it's the SBC story.

Last edited:
I love it. My brother showed it to my nephew a few years back and he was buckled when watching the bit with the copper in the joke shop.
:lol:Thats a quality moment 'have you to any fake tits?'...my two lads love that bit as well. I took them to Edinburgh a couple of years back and showed them all the bits where the police chase happened...class Dad me like.:cool:

Very good film, didn't slip through the net though really. Was a box office hit in the UK and won loads of awards across Europe

Although the bloke who played the quadriplegic guy was also in a good film called Tell No One

Didn't realise it was a box office hit in the UK, somehow fell under my radar until a mate recommended it recently

Manhunter - probably the most ignored of the Hannibal movies (Brian Cox instead of Hopkins) but for me the best one of the lot.
To Live and Die in LA - brilliant 80s cop action film
Duel - Spielberg's debut film, probably my second favorite of his after Jaws
John Dies at the End - the last Don Coscarelli film - didn't get half the exposure of Bubba Ho Tep but I really enjoyed it
Electra Glide in Blue - Great 70s police film
Punishment Park - 70s faux documentary film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back