Films that slipped through the net

I really enjoyed this little gem
Logon or register to see this image

Billy Bob Thornton is class in it and you wont even recognise him, he plays the part of the car mechanic. oh and Joaquin Pheonix is class in it too. oh and its got Powers Boothe in it.

Great thread!

The Wackness - ben kingsley plays a stoner psychologist. Quality coming of age madness comedy.
Mr Nobody. A unique take on sci fi butterfly effect conundrums.
Amores Perros. Mexican classic.
A Seperation - an iranian classic
The Hunt - danish classic
Evil - swedish classic
Chaser - korean classic
Brick - high school neo noir classic
Never let me go - the best british adaption of a Japanese authored sci fi I've ever seen

I really enjoyed this little gem
Logon or register to see this image

Billy Bob Thornton is class in it and you wont even recognise him, he plays the part of the car mechanic. oh and Joaquin Pheonix is class in it too. oh and its got Powers Boothe in it.
Have you seen Sling Blade? Billy Bob Thornton is amazing in that.

Great thread!

The Wackness - ben kingsley plays a stoner psychologist. Quality coming of age madness comedy.
Evil - swedish classic
Chaser - korean classic
Never let me go - the best british adaption of a Japanese authored sci fi I've ever seen

Great post! Thanks. I'll check out Sling Blade he was tremendous in Fargo season 1 too.

Great thread!

Evil - swedish classic
Chaser - korean classic

Sling Blade I thought was great at the time (1996). No idea if it's aged well.
Never Let Me Go had me sobbing - Andrew Garfield was excellent in that.

A War. Danish film (yep, subtitles. Sorry!). Well worth a watch. Danish company commander in Afghanistam calls in air strike that results in death of civilians. He's sent back home to face a court martial. Story shows events in Afghanistan leading up to incident, court case, and his wife trying to hold the "home front" in his absence.

Seen some Aussie films mentioned in this thread, saw one called Black Balloon years ago and it was topper. Our lass went through a spell of picking some right shite films to watch but this one was really good.

"Cactus Jack" aka "The Villian". 1979

Kirk Douglas as a hapless cowboy bad guy.. Hard to explain, but think a live action Road Runner filum. :lol:

Also features Arnie, so terrible he's good. :lol:

Full filum, and in decent quality...

Back