Fifa 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

80+ player pick seems decent. I’ve done about 4/5 the last couple days and had regular Firmino, Koulibaly and IF Sergio Ramos. Not bad for about 7-8k per go if you buy rare golds, I did the first couple with cast offs from my existing club.

80+ player pick seems decent. I’ve done about 4/5 the last couple days and had regular Firmino, Koulibaly and IF Sergio Ramos. Not bad for about 7-8k per go if you buy rare golds, I did the first couple with cast offs from my existing club.
I’ll be giving that a whirl after marquee match ups.

Anyone get anything decent in WL or Rivals rewards ? Packs were awful and I got Lala and Alberto as my WL picks ?
I only achieved silver 1 so got a measly Soumaoro and nothing from packs. However I did pack Gold Modric from a 80+ upgrade pick, good for sbc’s.
Took the packs in rivals rewards. Instant regret. I made around 20k. Should have taken the 58k coins.
I did the same. Just that little bit of hope for something decent... what an idiot.

Rebuilt a french team as it was the most fun I’ve had with the game since I bought it. The good times are back. Can’t afford IF Ben Yedder however his gold card is still godly even against meta defences. Paired him with scream Gameiro (anyone tried him?) and Griezman at CAM.
I’ve also gone french for the weekend league and made a 433(4). I had scream Gamiero up front but 83 Ben Yedder has scored 9 in 4. God knows how good his in forms must be. Varane is a beast at CB too.

Turned it off already, Weekend League full of whale teams with icons, Mbappe, Neymar, inform VVD etc. Load of pay to win shit. Even when I’m giving it a good go my opposition gets a dodgy pen or some shit. Fuck Fifa and fuck EA the bunch of c*nts.
I’ve also gone french for the weekend league and made a 433(4). I had scream Gamiero up front but 83 Ben Yedder has scored 9 in 4. God knows how good his in forms must be. Varane is a beast at CB too.
Funnily enough that’s the team I’m running with but a mixed La Liga back four to get strong links to POTM Courtois.
Sorry just realised you replied to me :lol:

Last edited:
given that it is the main complaint I see from everyone re fifa, I guess this is just you being contrary again
Not at all, I know it's one of the biggest issues. I only really had it when the game was first released. I live in a small town so have average broadband speed yet WL is always fine.. I tend to play from 9pm Fri and Sat then finish from 6pm on Sunday.. Maybe I get lucky with the servers not being pushed at those times.. The amount of money EA make from fut is disgusting and the fact that they don't reinvest in better servers so that its a fair even game for everyone is criminal.

Struggled to 6-2 in the WL before having to turn it off cos of the lag.

Just feels utterly awful
When you talk lag is it subtle button delay or are we talking when it slows/stops then suddenly speeds up to the point your at the other end of the pitch? I got beat 7-1 by a low rated gold team yesterday and it just feel impossible to do anything, I think that was scripting tho, players couldn’t turn or make simple passes and felt like they were running through mud, and of course they did full celebrations and watched every replay. Nearly launched my PS4.

When you talk lag is it subtle button delay or are we talking when it slows/stops then suddenly speeds up to the point your at the other end of the pitch? I got beat 7-1 by a low rated gold team yesterday and it just feel impossible to do anything, I think that was scripting tho, players couldn’t turn or make simple passes and felt like they were running through mud, and of course they did full celebrations and watched every replay. Nearly launched my PS4.

the first one.

the gameplay looks like it’s running normal but it’s sluggish and not very responsive - players can’t play first time passes and take a touch first. Same with shooting. Dribbling feels like their running up a hill and skill moves are virtually unusable due to the button delay.

There’s a noticeable difference - as @Philcore has experienced, if you play at non-peak times the game is fine - I play a quick passing game and you can string some good moves together.

But it’s impossible on a weekend or during the day

the first one.

the gameplay looks like it’s running normal but it’s sluggish and not very responsive - players can’t play first time passes and take a touch first. Same with shooting. Dribbling feels like their running up a hill and skill moves are virtually unusable due to the button delay.

There’s a noticeable difference - as @Philcore has experienced, if you play at non-peak times the game is fine - I play a quick passing game and you can string some good moves together.

But it’s impossible on a weekend or during the day

I’m currently at 11-4 in the weekend league and had to turn it off last night around 8pm as the button delay was playing havoc with my one touch passing game. I’ve come up against a fair few god squads and can’t for the life of me work out how they’ve got them as they were shockingly bad. The players they had you must need to plow thousands of pounds into the game to get.

I’m currently at 11-4 in the weekend league and had to turn it off last night around 8pm as the button delay was playing havoc with my one touch passing game. I’ve come up against a fair few god squads and can’t for the life of me work out how they’ve got them as they were shockingly bad. The players they had you must need to plow thousands of pounds into the game to get.

still the sametoday - I’ve struggled to 9-2 but had to turn it off again. Think it was more to do with the squad set up.

brought in some new tactics and replaced romagnoli and Cuadrado with Luis Gelipe and Emerson

I know what you mean about teams. I’m delighted whenever I see an oppo with TOTY cards. Usually means they’re shit

Bought 85 inform Ben Yedder and he’s a beast. Now using 5-4-1 formation as I’m sick of holes appearing constantly in my defence. Now got a wall of Lenglet, Umtiti, and Ramos at the back.

Finished my WL games and only managed Silver 1. Got some decent results with the new formation however the damage was already done.

Just played some absolute prat who had no interest in attacking at all - must have been set to drop back, 1 width and depth, everyone back on defence and overload ball side. Every time he’s win the ball he’d just punt a long through ball for Headliner Traore and lose it.

I took great delight in finally breaking his defence down on 65 minutes, winning the ball back from his kick off and just passing the ball amongst my defenders for the last 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back