Fifa 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Career mode is broken apparently.

In past FIFAs, when you play big teams like Liverpool/Man City, they'll put out a poorer side and rest there big players. However, the AI is apparently playing poor sides for everyone they play (even AI vs AI), no matter how good the opposition is - meaning the leagues are fucked up. Seen a tweet where the lad was controlling Leicester and Brighton had won the league with West Ham second, Man city weren't even in the top 10. A few where some of the 'big 7' have been relegated after the first season too.

What a mess.

In past FIFAs, when you play big teams like Liverpool/Man City, they'll put out a poorer side and rest there big players. However, the AI is apparently playing poor sides for everyone they play (even AI vs AI), no matter how good the opposition is - meaning the leagues are fucked up. Seen a tweet where the lad was controlling Leicester and Brighton had won the league with West Ham second, Man city weren't even in the top 10. A few where some of the 'big 7' have been relegated after the first season too.

What a mess.

Absolutely ridiculous if that’s right. Surely they do some testing before they release it!

Didn’t touch UT last year, claimed it was shite etc etc.

Bought some packs on this one, played one won one and convinced I am the best player to ever grace the game.

Are squad building challenges worth doing?

Bought some packs on this one, played one won one and convinced I am the best player to ever grace the game.

Yep if you put some time into completing the sets is a coin efficient way of getting packs and you generally make more coins in the long run.

From my experience on 18 I would say no. I did get some good players but not for the money I spent on buying players to make the teams fit the criteria. However the same could be said about the packs I bought last year. Tempted to not play UT

What a mess.
Pathetic. Career mode is always a joke.

Went from a record of 4-0-0 to 5-1-3. Got absolutely mashed in my last game from a 4-2-2-2 team so selling up and giving that a whirl.

Went from a record of 4-0-0 to 5-1-3. Got absolutely mashed in my last game from a 4-2-2-2 team so selling up and giving that a whirl.
I wouldn’t bother selling up just start with your regular formation and switch to 4-2-2-2 in game if you using wingers it’s just a case of dropping them into CAM and your CM into CDM. Unless your really anal and need everyone in there correct positions haha

Not liking this FIFA at all so far. Got nothing from packs and hate the gameplay so far. Defenders can’t head the ball clear and inexplicably leave the ball for strikers to get free shots away, ditto the goalkeepers.

Also playing teams who are already fully stacked. Nobody should have a really good team at this stage of the game, it only officially launched today!!

Quite enjoying it so far. Need to practice my finishing though, had more shots in my last game and lost 7-1.

Got quite a basic PL team but packed Thiago, sold him and got POTM Pukki. Going to just play a bit of squad battles and upgrade the team before I go back online

Given UT a hammering yesterday and today with mixed levels of success.

Tackling is much different to 19 and every time the ball is round the edge of my box I’m likely to concede, no idea how me telly isn’t bust.

Tackling is much different to 19 and every time the ball is round the edge of my box I’m likely to concede, no idea how me telly isn’t bust.
It’s a nightmare like, just played someone with a crap team but Ronaldinho on loan, I was 3-0 up and ended up 3-3 Ronaldinho hatrick, couldn’t cope with him.

You need to use L2/LT to jockey makes it so much easier. You can sprint at the same time.

You need to use L2/LT to jockey makes it so much easier. You can sprint at the same time.

Yeah I used to do that quite accurately on 19 but they don’t seem to tackle so much in this one. They used to auto tackle when close but down they keep their distance and gaps open up all over my defence.

First Fifa in a while I don't think I'll be buying. I liked the demo, but doesn't feel much different to previous games. Smashed last year and UT. I used to love UT, but I felt last year you had to really slog to get anywhere. Found I was playing loads each day online for pretty much fudge all back. I like my games to be casual these days. Who the fuck in the real world has time to invest 2,3 or 4 hours a day? Either that or spend real money on something pointless. Fifa 18 was the last one where we had a good number on clubs, but last year saw most of us not bother, so feel like that's gone forever.

I'll stick with picking up the new Ghost Recon and COD next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back