Fifa 19 - No UT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone from getting "League 1" and "Premier League" FUT player packs with 12 items (in which I picked up TOTW Xhaka and 87 Hamsik)

Now picking up 4 item crappy gift packs or 250/500 coins :(
Start a fifa 19 UT thread mate. No offence, but every thread discussing the gameplay of any year’s fifa just descends into people going on about what they’ve ‘packed’.

Start a fifa 19 UT thread mate. No offence, but every thread discussing the gameplay of any year’s fifa just descends into people going on about what they’ve ‘packed’.

No-one's going to talk about FIFA otherwise. What's there to say really? "I've just played Season's game"? No-one give a shite. At least with UT people can sort of show off, relate news of recently released challenges etc.

If it was just gameplay discussion previous FIFA threads would be "Ping pongey" "Too slow" "Too fast" "Ronaldo should be this rating.." "Too assisted" "I like it, "I hate it," "Ruined it with the patch," and that's it. Dead thread by October.

The game changes so little on a yearly basis that there's nothing really to talk about.

Last edited:
No-one's going to talk about FIFA otherwise. What's there to say really? "I've just played Season's game"? No-one give a shite. At least with UT people can sort of show off, relate news of recently released challenges etc.

If it was just gameplay discussion previous FIFA threads would be "Ping pongey" "Too slow" "Too fast" "Ronaldo should be this rating.." "Too assisted" "I like it, "I hate it," "Ruined it with the patch," and that's it. Dead thread by October.

The game changes so little on a yearly basis that there's nothing really to talk about.
You take it all to serious pet.
Relax, have a cigar.

Bit like that melt @Snappy

Granted....but sometimes I want to nip into the fifa thread and say something, maybe about gameplay or career mode or anything really, other than UT (which a lot of people on here don’t bother with), and I open up the relevant Fifa 1X thread and there’s been 25 pages of people talking about packs and weekly challenges on UT and anything said about anything other than UT is almost instantly buried.

I’m just grumbling really, nothing against UT players, under 18s have to do something I suppose...

Granted....but sometimes I want to nip into the fifa thread and say something, maybe about gameplay or career mode or anything really, other than UT (which a lot of people on here don’t bother with), and I open up the relevant Fifa 1X thread and there’s been 25 pages of people talking about packs and weekly challenges on UT and anything said about anything other than UT is almost instantly buried.

I’m just grumbling really, nothing against UT players, under 18s have to do something I suppose...

Yeah, I guess that could be annoying. "Alright lads, I've noticed if you have a 4-2-2-2 one of the CDMs always goes and plays further forward instead and I don't..."
"Get the fuck in! Packed TOTY Diamond Encrusted CB Walker, jealous much? :cool:"

tbh it's all I played last year due to other modes being left to rot i.e. Exactly what EA wanted me to do :rolleyes:

And again that's why people won't discuss Seasons, Career Mode or Pro Clubs, because barely fuck all has changed in five years.

Picked up 18 about four months after it was released and regret buying it even then. Hopefully I can resist a full year this time, they deserve fuck all for making no improvements to clubs which has the potential to be the best part of FIFA by a country mile. But because it makes EA no money then they do nothing with ou year after year.

UT as a game concept is fine, but the amount of special cards is just ridiculous now. Saw a post on the Reddit page which listed how many special cards there are, can’t remember how many it was but was definitely upwards of 20. Absolutely ludicrous man.

Picked up 18 about four months after it was released and regret buying it even then. Hopefully I can resist a full year this time, they deserve fuck all for making no improvements to clubs which has the potential to be the best part of FIFA by a country mile. But because it makes EA no money then they do nothing with ou year after year.

UT as a game concept is fine, but the amount of special cards is just ridiculous now. Saw a post on the Reddit page which listed how many special cards there are, can’t remember how many it was but was definitely upwards of 20. Absolutely ludicrous man.

It's a bit odd as I think Pro Clubs could make them money, if only they just put a bit of thought into it.

It's by far the most enjoyable FIFA mode with your mates, but I think a lot of people, including me, just got bored of it being exactly the same every year.

It's a bit odd as I think Pro Clubs could make them money, if only they just put a bit of thought into it.

It's by far the most enjoyable FIFA mode with your mates, but I think a lot of people, including me, just got bored of it being exactly the same every year.
Aye completely agree.

There used to be a group of 5 or 6 of us that played it religiously every year up until about FIFA 16. Once it became obvious EA just didn’t care about clubs everyone just sort of stopped playing clubs and FIFA altogether. But what’s 6 purchases of the game at £40 each to EA, when some streamer will spend thousands of pounds in a few seconds on UT.

Aye completely agree.

There used to be a group of 5 or 6 of us that played it religiously every year up until about FIFA 16. Once it became obvious EA just didn’t care about clubs everyone just sort of stopped playing clubs and FIFA altogether. But what’s 6 purchases of the game at £40 each to EA, when some streamer will spend thousands of pounds in a few seconds on UT.

Same, started 08 (when it wasn't even clubs, just 5v5) and then 09 was clubs, but real players, up until 16 a few of us played a lot less of it until it just finally died. FIFA 17 was terrible so most didn't even bother to get the game never mind play clubs.

So apart from the first two years where they made a few changes, customisable players etc. they've done pretty much nothing with it in a whole decade. Scandalous.

Pro Clubs was their big thing until UT accidentally made them a fortune.

I think I counted on futbin that on 18, Mbappe had 14 different cards through the season

I was commenting as I'd seen in this thread that the free packs had been stopped and can now see why.

I'd also seen you not talking about demo too, so thought I might be OK, guess not... no offence is not a carte blanche to offend.

I’d buy the shit out of a collection of retro teams....Cloughie’s Notts Forest, 80’s Liverpool, Class of 92 Man Utd, etc.

I was commenting as I'd seen in this thread that the free packs had been stopped and can now see why.

I'd also seen you not talking about demo too, so thought I might be OK, guess not... no offence is not a carte blanche to offend.
I’ve already lost my battle, dude. Please continue posting about how much EA have fucked you up the arse with an in-form John Barnes or some such crap.

No offence.

I’ve already lost my battle, dude. Please continue posting about how much EA have fucked you up the arse with an in-form John Barnes or some such crap.

No offence.

Trying to defuse........ I do get what you mean, it's divisive as it's really two games now (I just thought it was already in the thread but yes I started with the "I got this").

I wouldn't bother buying the game if it wasn't for FUT as it's all EA bother about now.

It's my only online thing and love beating someone who has bought a team with my plucky freebies.

So in summary f*** off back to your Pro and VR "master race driving games" Headset ;)

Trying to defuse........ I do get what you mean, it's divisive as it's really two games now (I just thought it was already in the thread but yes I started with the "I got this").

I wouldn't bother buying the game if it wasn't for FUT as it's all EA bother about now.

It's my only online thing and love beating someone who has bought a team with my plucky freebies.

So in summary f*** off back to your Pro and VR "master race driving games" Headset ;)
Mate, I never wanted to offend you or make you think I was picking on you. It’s not what this part of the SMB is about, so I’m glad you’ve taken it in the spirit intended. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back