FIFA 14 - Ultimate Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
No f***ing chance mate :lol: EA are the kings when it comes to stuff like this.

I fully expect the game to be worse than last year, which is ridiculous when you consider 13 was worse than 12 too. I'm still going to be trying to get on the web app the second it comes out though.:oops:

Think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise then, looks a lot better from videos I've seen on YouTube and a lot slicker

Think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise then, looks a lot better from videos I've seen on YouTube and a lot slicker

I thought that last year, even when I was playing the demo. Soon as I was online playing against nothing but 90 pace strikers and high pressure teams, I changed my mind. Still, we can live in hope that for once we'll get a well rounded game.

The best thing they've ever done is getting rid of formation cards. I'm just going to buy as many/all Premier League players in many different positions, which then obviously allows me to switch between formations without splashing out on formation cards, then once I've got everyone, there will be loads I can play about with. Whereas on past FIFA's you have to focus on the formation you're currently using, trying not to get frustrated due to the fact you can't change anything without spending thousands.

Wingers on 4-2-3-1 too. If they have toned pace down and made strength actually matter, I imagine Benteke will be a very popular choice, as well as the obvious Eto'o.

Benteke and Altidore should be a lethal strikeforce.

I thought that last year, even when I was playing the demo. Soon as I was online playing against nothing but 90 pace strikers and high pressure teams, I changed my mind. Still, we can live in hope that for once we'll get a well rounded game.

Seems they've focused more on strength this year. Obviously there'll be fast players who outpace most defenders but its a lot more strength based I think. And the build up plays slower so you can't just pump it up the pitch and be through in on goal.

It's a permanent thing, so obviously the ones that increase pace will be most expensive but there's enough there to hopefully keep people's styles varied.

How do those work? Do they only last for one game or just whenever you put them in? Probably another overpowered thing they've added

EDIT: Apologies, didn't see the post above.

I'll be sticking to single player matches completely so hopefully I can be matched up with players who aren't solely reliant on pace to win them games.

Chemistry styles have been released, didn't expect to see so many to be honest, thought there would only be a small handful of them.

Logon or register to see this image

So that'll be every single player either an Anchor, Engine or Hawk then. Should provide a nice revenue stream for EA, they'll be worth much more as consumables than formations ever were

This UT looks fuckin horrible so far. Even the bronze players I've looked at look op as fuck[DOUBLEPOST=1378763991][/DOUBLEPOST]
So that'll be every single player either an Anchor, Engine or Hawk then. Should provide a nice revenue stream for EA, they'll be worth much more as consumables than formations ever were
Aye this at a guess

The pace ones will all be expensive I'm guessing, plus it'll be a waste to stick them on players who are already fast as fuck anyway.

Those cards are awful and all this sharpshooter shite or whatever it's called is a load of rubbish. Just have bloody players for god sake. No chemistry bollocks.

Those cards are awful and all this sharpshooter shite or whatever it's called is a load of rubbish. Just have bloody players for god sake. No chemistry bollocks.

Chemistry is the one thing ut needs. It'd be pointless without it. You'd come up against 11 quickest or overpowered players every single game

Chemistry is the one thing ut needs. It'd be pointless without it. You'd come up against 11 quickest or overpowered players every single game
It's not really an 'ultimate team' though.
I'd have a system in which your team starts with minimum chemistry. The more you play and the more success you have, the greater your chemistry. A chain of defeats means chemistry goes down.

It's not really an 'ultimate team' though.
I'd have a system in which your team starts with minimum chemistry. The more you play and the more success you have, the greater your chemistry. A chain of defeats means chemistry goes down.
The more you play with a team yes, the more success you have no.

It would mean the gap between good and poor players would be even greater than it is now, and I bet most people would hate to grind easy single player matches just to get their chemistry up.

The more you play with a team yes, the more success you have no.

It would mean the gap between good and poor players would be even greater than it is now, and I bet most people would hate to grind easy single player matches just to get their chemistry up.
Aye, fair enough. It's very annoying though when I can't have Falcao and Berbatov (example) without using some shitty player like Rodallega to 'hybrid'. Just defeats the whole point of the game for me.

Like I do every year I create a spreadsheet for all the players to find some hidden gems or bargains to sell for profit.

All I use is the in game stats from each player and put them in a spreadsheet to compare against others in their same position.

For each position what would you think will be the most important.

I.E. Striker - Ball Control, Dribbling, Finishing, Heading Accuracy, Long Shots, Short Passing, Shot Power, Volleys, Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Sprint Speed, Strength and Positioning.

What do you think for each position? Wouldn't mind knowing what other things would be important for each position and then I'd share it on Google docs and post the link on here when I'm done.

Like I do every year I create a spreadsheet for all the players to find some hidden gems or bargains to sell for profit.

All I use is the in game stats from each player and put them in a spreadsheet to compare against others in their same position.

For each position what would you think will be the most important.

I.E. Striker - Ball Control, Dribbling, Finishing, Heading Accuracy, Long Shots, Short Passing, Shot Power, Volleys, Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Sprint Speed, Strength and Positioning.

What do you think for each position? Wouldn't mind knowing what other things would be important for each position and then I'd share it on Google docs and post the link on here when I'm done.
Pace. Sadly.

Pace. Sadly.

This.

It's the one thing that massively lets this game mode down. Tone pace down and we'll see many more formations being used and many different players also, it would be alot more enjoyable, I don't understand why they had 2 different game speeds last year, wish they used UT the same as Online Seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back