FF7 Remake

When they stick closely to the original I think it works. The new stuff reeks of Nomura unfortunately, who couldn't write a shopping list. Square need to keep him at arm's length on future projects. He's a liability.

It’s certainly stronger when it’s focusing on the original story, and anything extra around those areas tends to work pretty well.

Was he the KH3 gadgy?

I'm enjoying it.

There was always gonna be meh parts considering they are expanding the game into episodes.

I'm a little disappointed it's only going to be midgar as I play more though. But it's a small price to pay.

I'm enjoying it.

There was always gonna be meh parts considering they are expanding the game into episodes.

I'm a little disappointed it's only going to be midgar as I play more though. But it's a small price to pay.

Aye that feeling is dawning on me as well. The effort they’ve gone to reimagine the original is impressive but there’s no need for some of the extra stuff - I like the character development bits and extensions to the pre existing story but the Roche guy for example, is baffling to me.

Aye that feeling is dawning on me as well. The effort they’ve gone to reimagine the original is impressive but there’s no need for some of the extra stuff - I like the character development bits and extensions to the pre existing story but the Roche guy for example, is baffling to me.
He's only in there to allow them to re-imagine the motorcycle scene from the original, I'd wager. I wish they'd never bothered.

He's only in there to allow them to re-imagine the motorcycle scene from the original, I'd wager. I wish they'd never bothered.

You wonder why they aren’t just doing the bike scene like the original - not that far along yet, so interested to see what happens at that point

One minor gripe why can't they have a weapon and item store icon on the navigation bar.

Little annoying having to refer to the map when there's markers for quests. Would have been dead easy to include

One minor gripe why can't they have a weapon and item store icon on the navigation bar.

Little annoying having to refer to the map when there's markers for quests. Would have been dead easy to include

Interesting one that, as I use the mini map rather than the bar.

Not sure about the combat system any more now, either. :lol: Not being able to use items without thrashing an enemy to bits is a bit lacking. I got pinned down in a section by continuous gunfire, distance characters down and guns out of range, used Phoenix Down, replenishes so little energy that they were down again before I could heal with potion by building up ATB with blocking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about the combat system any more now, either. :lol: Not being able to use items without thrashing an enemy to bits is a bit lacking. I got pinned down in a section by continuous gunfire, distance characters down and guns out of range, used Phoenix Down, replenishes so little energy that they were down again before I could heal with potion by building up ATB with blocking.
It’s frustrating how slowly the characters you aren’t using build their gauges.

Reviews state this is only 33 hours bit crap that considering I'm a third through already.

Might have to blast the original out after to make up for it

Reviews state this is only 33 hours bit crap that considering I'm a third through already.

Might have to blast the original out after to make up for it
The most annoying thing about that for me is that the bits that add on the bulk of the time dont improve or expand upon the story. Theres just long winding roads to the next place with the odd empty wide open space you realise you're going to have to traipse all the way back to in 10 minutes time for a side quest.The further I get the more I'm finding these bits a chore. I just want to progress the story because those bits are so well done. I'm on 19 hours and am in the sewers after Corneo but some of that time will be while i've had it paused when walking the dogs or something.

The most annoying thing about that for me is that the bits that add on the bulk of the time dont improve or expand upon the story. Theres just long winding roads to the next place with the odd empty wide open space you realise you're going to have to traipse all the way back to in 10 minutes time for a side quest.The further I get the more I'm finding these bits a chore. I just want to progress the story because those bits are so well done. I'm on 19 hours and am in the sewers after Corneo but some of that time will be while i've had it paused when walking the dogs or something.

Yeah I totally agree with the new bits they are a bit dull.

I think I'm going to have to blast the original out to get my fix 😂 no way I can wait 3 years for the next bit

Did you get the chocobo chick materia with your preorder? I’m not particularly arsed about it tbh but haven’t seen it mentioned.
Was meant to but nowt with it - I’ve enquired with ShopTo but not overly arsed. Perhaps to do with the early shipping.

I did get a little plastic Cloud and Sephiroth statue, that I had to put together like a Kinder Egg toy.
Lads, log in to your ShopTo accounts and check the digital orders tab. It's in there. I just found mine - this revelation came to me last night as I lay in bed. :lol:

Back