Fenwick Window live reveal match thread KO 18.30pm

in the 50's a big Tokyo store decided to do a xmas theme display to westernise themselves so they sent a store rep over to London to learn all about Jesus and Xmas tradition..obviously language barriers and wires got crossed as they ended up with a window display with Santa nailed on a cross

in the 50's a big Tokyo store decided to do a xmas theme display to westernise themselves so they sent a store rep over to London to learn all about Jesus and Xmas tradition..obviously language barriers and wires got crossed as they ended up with a window display with Santa nailed on a cross

I’ve said this before on here. There’s a bloke in Korea who owns a VW dealership and to promote this, dresses as Hitler and stands in a soapbox at the side of the road saluting.
I can only assume he has Googled (Naver’d) famous German.

Imagine the big reveal, the curtains open and Peter Beardsley standing in the window dressed as an elf

With his tackle out.
So a shop gets to close a road so there special guests get to see a window first? How is that allowed?

I was in on Friday. It’s just plywood hoarding outside, not dissimilar to when a building is getting refurbished and they block off the pavement. With it being on Northumberland St. it’s not taking up much of the overall width of the pedestrianised area.

Last edited:
Imagine the big reveal, the curtains open and Peter Beardsley standing in the window dressed as an elf
He's there most years as one of the 7 dwarfs (Dopey) then one of the ugly sisters. They did the Hunchback of Notre Dame once but he was too realistic and frightened the bairns off.

With his tackle out.

I was in on Friday. It’s just plywood hoarding outside, not dissimilar to when a building is getting refurbished and they block off the pavement. With it being on Northumberland St. it’s not taking up much of the overall width of the pedestrianised area.
Ah right so the whole road is not closed. Makes more sense.

Just the mystery of why people make a special trip to look in a shop window now.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I must have read that book a million times as a bairn. I can't wait to see it in real life 😁
Me too (and not just as a kid) loved them, from the magicians nephew to the last battle. Loved them all, but favourite was always the Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe.

Even tho brought up catholnever clicked on to the religious allegory (?). Just thought they were cracking stories.
Not suggesting that its not mildly interesting, or that its not a nice thing to have.

But the way people make out that a shop window is worthy of driving from Peterlee to Newcastle and back for, boggles my mind.

And yes, yes of course I'm talking about the missus (no)
I watched the live reveal in Glasgow

Last edited:
Me too (and not just as a kid) loved them, from the magicians nephew to the last battle. Loved them all, but favourite was always the Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe.

Even tho brought up catholnever clicked on to the religious allegory (?). Just thought they were cracking stories.

Brought up Christian and never clicked it was religious either until I was an adult 😁

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I must have read that book a million times as a bairn. I can't wait to see it in real life 😁
Comments sections already pissing and moaning, use of cardboard cut outs instead of whatever the fcuk they think fenwicks should have done.

Back